Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Murano AWD fully equipped three weeks ago (1000 Miles so far); When standing still and turning wheel all way to the right I hear a crackling noise in the steering wheel, it happens most of the times I take wheel to the full turn.
:mad: Very worried, because just read on the new Consumer's Report Magazine that they don't recommend buying this vehicle due to problems with the steering wheel:confused:
Suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ignition problems

Also have trouble to start it when warm, took it to dealer and they said it was a loose wire, but problem persists.
Driver window has a strange noise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like a Mo that was made on a Friday...I would put up a fight with the dealer to get everything up to spec....

Thats just me!!!:twak:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Consumers Reports steering problem was not described in their auto issue, but it did appear as an aside box in the actual Murano review issue. The problem CR encountered was momentary loss of steering assist during fast turns of the steering wheel. This is not related to your cracking noise.

I would check to see if this is related to the loose steering bolt TSB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ERIC

Are there two seperate TSB'S for a loose steering rack and a loose steering wheel bolt? As I understand it the steering wheel bolt would be seperate and in the car below the air bag. How can one discern between the two if they are both loose... is there a way to tell besides checking both. Please advise.

Thanks,
DOC

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
DOC said:
ERIC

Are there two seperate TSB'S for a loose steering rack and a loose steering wheel bolt? As I understand it the steering wheel bolt would be seperate and in the car below the air bag. How can one discern between the two if they are both loose... is there a way to tell besides checking both. Please advise.

Thanks,
DOC
There is only one steering bolt TSB and this refers to the steering rack bolt, not the steering wheel bolt. Sorry for the confusion. Another symptom of a loose steering rack bolt is poor wheel alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eric,

Thanks for the quick reponse. I wish Nissan would just figure out what robot is having a friday everyday and terminate it:4: I almost bought a Touareq, but it had this nasty high pitched drone from the climate control that nobody noticed. I checked three separate cars and they where all the same. I pointed it out to the dealer and they where surprised also. I think we all know no car is perfect in this world, but technology should be solving these problems not creating more.

Good Health To Ya,
DOC

·
4,664 Posts
I'm happy my baby has a nice tight rack, but I did get the CR steering issue, turning into a driveway, yesterday. It stiffened up a fair bit and I'm positive it had nothing to do with the rack.

·
Registered
104 Posts
SAME PROBLEMO

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemna. I feel for you since I had the same problem with mine. I had to take it in twice to make sure that they did it right. Its def the loose steering rack. Just make sure when you take it in that they align the steering wheel properly. Otherwise you'll exchange your problem for a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts