Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my driver's window was sticking a little about a 1/4 the way up when closing. Looking at the tracks, there seemed to be a buildup of salt. Using a shop rag wrapped around a screwdriver, the rag came out white when cleaning the track with it. Cleaning didn't help any. Seeing how tight the windows are in the tracks, I'm not surprised a little salt and grit would cause an issue.

I picked up this at AA:

Spraying several liberal doses on the tracks while running the window up and down cleaned the tracks. Big difference in how the window now operates. Funny thing is I never noticed the window going a little slower then before. I went to all the other windows and treated them also. All of them were covered with salt where they went into the tracks. Each window took several good doses to get them back working freely again.

I think I might make this a regular preventive maintenance item, especially in the spring.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great service tip! My driver's window will occasionally make a popping sound I wonder if that'll help? Can't hurt.

·
Super Moderator
8,058 Posts
Makes sense to me. I make it a goal to go around all the rubber seals and door/hood gaskets with silicone annually. I do try and keep it off the paint as much as possible.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've had the issue of the windows going up super slow, even sometimes getting stuck during cold weather. I think I created a thread about it. I feel like the motors aren't up to par for the job.

Anyway, how did you manage to spray the tracks? Removed the panel or just stuck the tube into the window gap while it was down?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the issue of the windows going up super slow, even sometimes getting stuck during cold weather. I think I created a thread about it. I feel like the motors aren't up to par for the job.

Anyway, how did you manage to spray the tracks? Removed the panel or just stuck the tube into the window gap while it was down?
I don't believe it's a motor issue. These tracks are extremely tight on the glass, so it doesn't take much to cause the windows to drag and run slow it seems.

With the window all the way down, on the back track I sprayed the entire track and then placed the tube down where the glass comes up and sprayed a liberal amount of silicon. At the front track, after spraying the track, I raised the window until the front edge of the window appeared and again sprayed a liberal amount of silicon down where the glass meet the track.

I then raised and lower the window several times. Repeated the spray routine several times, repeatedly raising and lowering the window each time. Big difference in the speed of opening and closing after several applications to wash away and remove the crud down in the tracks.

I repeated this on the other three windows, and on each window, I saw an improvement of speed in opening and closing that window.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't believe it's a motor issue. These tracks are extremely tight on the glass, so it doesn't take much to cause the windows to drag and run slow it seems.

With the window all the way down, on the back track I sprayed the entire track and then placed the tube down where the glass comes up and sprayed a liberal amount of silicon. At the front track, after spraying the track, I raised the window until the front edge of the window appeared and again sprayed a liberal amount of silicon down where the glass meet the track.

I then raised and lower the window several times. Repeated the spray routine several times, repeatedly raising and lowering the window each time. Big difference in the speed of opening and closing after several applications to wash away and remove the crud down in the tracks.

I repeated this on the other three windows, and on each window, I saw an improvement of speed in opening and closing that window.

Hope this helps you out.

Have a good day.
Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Is the silicone lubricant the way to go? Or is that just what you have kicking around?

Was never sure which one was best...

Silicone lubricant
Lithium grease
WD40
Etc....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought this specifically for the sticking window issue. I believe that any brand of "light" silicone spray should work the same. I had read in the past about using a "light" silicone spray on the tracks to help with sticking windows. Anything heavy, like the several that you mentioned, will work at first, but will attract larger particles of dirt, holding them, and could become a problem again later on.

I've been very happy with the results. There's been no residue and checking yesterday, all the windows are gliding up and down smoothly and quickly. Big difference, especially with the driver's window.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I bought this specifically for the sticking window issue. I believe that any brand of "light" silicone spray should work the same. I had read in the past about using a "light" silicone spray on the tracks to help with sticking windows. Anything heavy, like the several that you mentioned, will work at first, but will attract larger particles of dirt, holding them, and could become a problem again later on.

I've been very happy with the results. There's been no residue and checking yesterday, all the windows are gliding up and down smoothly and quickly. Big difference, especially with the driver's window.

Have a good day.
Great. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts