Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Murano SE. The passenger side front door and hatch started experiencing intermitent opperation some time ago. You click the key FOB and it sounds like everything opens but alas you are fooled and can't get stuff in the hatch or my wife has to lean over from the drivers seat to unlock the passenger side.

She's finally told me "that's enough, fix it or I'm taking it to the dealer!".

I'm a DIY guy and am happy to start taking things appart, just wondering if anyone has some guidance on what the actual issue may be. I'm sure the hatch and passenger door are just random, could have as easily been any of the other doors.

The lock mechanism does not move in the inerior when unlocking.

The hatch I can't tell. I searched and could not find a similar issue, it is not the "whirring" noise as descrived in other posts.

It is as if the locking mechanism isn't fully engaging. Again, I can't tell if the hatch has the same issues. When you can get it to open the mechasism appears to work just fine when unlocking with the key FOB.

With warming weather in New England the issues seem to have become more permanent than occasional prompting the wifes demand for repair. I don't know if the weather influences the problem or again if it is coincidence.

Anyway, any help appreciated. Thanks much.

Matt

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
porboy44 said:
2005 Murano SE. The passenger side front door and hatch started experiencing intermitent opperation some time ago. You click the key FOB and it sounds like everything opens but alas you are fooled and can't get stuff in the hatch or my wife has to lean over from the drivers seat to unlock the passenger side.

She's finally told me "that's enough, fix it or I'm taking it to the dealer!".

I'm a DIY guy and am happy to start taking things appart, just wondering if anyone has some guidance on what the actual issue may be. I'm sure the hatch and passenger door are just random, could have as easily been any of the other doors.

The lock mechanism does not move in the inerior when unlocking.

The hatch I can't tell. I searched and could not find a similar issue, it is not the "whirring" noise as descrived in other posts.

It is as if the locking mechanism isn't fully engaging. Again, I can't tell if the hatch has the same issues. When you can get it to open the mechasism appears to work just fine when unlocking with the key FOB.

With warming weather in New England the issues seem to have become more permanent than occasional prompting the wifes demand for repair. I don't know if the weather influences the problem or again if it is coincidence.

Anyway, any help appreciated. Thanks much.

Matt
I noticed that when it was *really* cold, the handle for the rear hatch does not always spring back, so when you slam the trunk, it kind of gets shut partway, but not really shut. You might want to check that, unless you have the keyless entry with the button on the rear hatch.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Also, check to make sure the setting for the fob has not changed back to factory which is one push for just the driver's door unlock.
A great option for hi crime/carjacking areas but I set it for one push all locks so the family doesn't get the false door unlock syndrome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
mgthe3
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing