Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we are getting too many stickies...
My suggestion is to have special section for stickies, so we can just go there and see essentials....

Well, just a thought..

Aloha...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
yoyash said:
I think we are getting too many stickies...
My suggestion is to have special section for stickies, so we can just go there and see essentials....
yoyash-

Good point. I think we should make this a "sticky" to remind people not to create so many "stickies". :D

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
No one actually makes a sticky. Usually when a thread becomes very popular and is deemed useful, the suggestion is made for it to be made a sticky, and then a mod makes it so. Examples are recalls and solutions to common problems or questions.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well we could make one thread in each forum a sticky and in it would be links to the threads that are now stickies, then we could unstick them. But this has a downside. Without the separate thread subjects we end up with multiple different threads because like or not, we don't use the search button and that leads me to believe we probably wouldn't read the first sticky post in a forum either. Now there may be some stickies that don't get a lot of new posts to them, that could be due to several reasons. It could be the topic is exhausted and there isn't anything else to say but it is still read and useful, or it could be the thread is old and no longer useful, or some other reason. To date many new posters have remarked about the good information here. Because of the rehash posts of old topics I see that aren't stickies, I have to believe part of this response is due to the stickies. Perfect examples of this phenomenon is Zaino, Leatherique, Langka and synthetic oil. I don't mind the rehash, I just cringe at the thought of trying to combine all the separate threads on these topics over the last 3 years. But if we get to the point where people won't even read the subjects of the stickies then we might as well go skewer windmills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts