Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, I'm just amazed at the Murano.

The thing's two years old and while no one's chased me, honked and motioned me to roll down my windows lately so they can ask what it is, it still get's looks and comments!

Yesterday, I was told by a work associate, that it was a shame to see such a beautiful vehicle, so dirty. It's got a bunch of junk on it from a heavy rain the previous day.

Shortly after that, on the way home, I was driving past a school. There was a group of young teenage boys that turned to watch it drive by, and then further down the street some older teenagers doing the same thing.

It's been out for two years now, and the kids still love it? Wow!

Yeah, a few people have been hit with some problems, nothing huge, except for the annoying alternator failures. Every vehicle has it's little issues. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't even know what they are. So compared to every other vehicle I've had, I'm still amazed.

I still catch myself admiring it, in the garage. I love driving it. I don't know if I could ever drive a non-cvt vehicle again... I love the handling. I love the permagrin on my face!

The Nissan Murano. Ya gotta love it!:4:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Well put Jaak! :29:

I've had the Murano for almost a year and a half and I still have the same feeling. Everytime I get in I either think or say "I love this car!" and the kids in my plan feel the same way. Before I put in the 10K HIDs the kids would yell "Nice car!" and chase after me on their bikes, now they yell "Nice lights!" and still give chase. I'd say that 1 out of every 5 fill ups at the gas station someone asks me what I think about this car, and my answer has never changed, and never will: This is the best car I have ever owned.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Its funny you mention the CVT in that my best bud is a Mazda RX-7 enthusiast, and his daily drive is an '84 RX-7. Occasionally people from his forum come down and do major surgery on his car. A couple weeks ago, the four of them changed out his transmission over 12 hours. We got to talking cars over beer & pizza, and we started talking about the Murano. Now, they've been used to being the "oddballs" of the world, driving rotary engines for over 20 years. Now with CVT making its way into mainstream, we are helping to show off a successful implementation of that technology.

So at one point in the conversation, I said to the rotorheads, "imagine a rotary engine paired up with a CVT. No pistons, and no gears!" They all said "oooooooooh" in unison just like the toys (or were they aliens?) watching the TV in Toy Story 2. It was worth a good laugh.

I think they may be getting a little sick of my "help" during their surgical events, because I refuse to touch anything for fear of bringing black, grimy, greasy, oily dirt back into my latte interior. I've been reduced to the guy who just brings lunch. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi jaak. (cute). I feel the same as you about the beauty of our MO’s. Owned mine since April 03. Driven 48000 kms.

I totally debadged the rear end and people still speed up to pass me and look at the grille to figure out what kind of vehicle it is.
I must change that badge with a blank chrome disc.

I still enjoy hand washing it. (not in the sensual way you guys)

Only problems: re-torque steering rack bolts, door panel ticks. Both taken care of by excellent dealer service.

Silver SE, navigation, Kumho

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yep!

Not too many cars that are this quiet and loaf doing 80mph at 2000rpms. I love it still.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I am sure it would be redundant to say I LUV MY MO! (MO'S) GRIP :D

Nicely put you all!!

·
5,244 Posts
Ye, well said!

Unfortunately I am loosing my love of Murano..............thanks to the Yokohama tires. No more gliding, no more sweet ride............it became just a TRUCK! I hate these tires! They destroyed the Murano..............Just can wait to get rid of them, Golandars I mean and “reposes” the Murano…………

·
Registered
416 Posts
Kris - I have 5 GDY LS's that came on the MO (4 approx. 500mi/spare brand new) that I would swap for your 4 Geolanders.. I don't know if shipping costs and the mounting/balancing costs would make a tire swap work for you....let me know...

·
5,244 Posts
senza,

Thanks for the offer. It sounds promissing. And tempting! Let's check the shipping cost. I think it would be around $100/one way. Plus fitting and balancing. Total $300? Still good price to pay to get rid of "18 months of torture".....

·
4,994 Posts
AH! What Price Love. GRIP :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I must say that I too love the MO. I have it since Aug 03 and its great. I wish my commute was longer.

Now I have my 3 year old daughter pointing out other MOs on the road when she sees one... "Look daddys car!" My wife thinks I'm nuts. :p

·
4,994 Posts
GRIPPE is not to sure about me either or maybe she is. GRIP :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
honestly i love the murano, it just the little squeeks that are driving me nuts and the dealer keeps screwing stuff up. this car is 2 years old and the squeeks will not go away. and now after the break in, and the retards that didn't know how to open the cnter console(the front slider button get's everyone) i have a rattle now. need to go get some rubber bumpers, maybe that should help. i'm 17 and this is my parents car. i'm the one that babies it. honestly this thing is a chick magnet and people stop and stare everytime i go driving. although i have never been stopped or honked at to be asked about the car, that dosn't really matter. i'd rather keep it to myself. now my dad is debating on trading our sl in for an '05 SE with tech package. another bad thing is that there is no option for the intelligent key available here in canada. but anyways. this car is awesome. the smoothness of the cvt, the amazing power on demand. honestly this thing is hella faster than my dad's truck with it's gas guzzling V8. it only takes $50 cdn to fill up the murano but it's twice that for the truck. ohh and the luminous gold looks ohh so nice after a waxing.

·
4,994 Posts
I wonder if your Dad and I could be related. GRIP :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha prolly not cuz i'm the one pushin him to do it. first i got him so close to gettin an fx35 with everything then he backed off and decided the performance is more than adequate in the m-o and it be a big loss if we gave up the cvt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts