Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
regarding the alternator. Went into service Jan '03..... 11/02 production. Any idea what percentage of us have received the letter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was getting my oil changed at my dealership and just asked them to look up the VIN to see if my 03 was on the recall list. It was and they replaced the part. I still have yet to receive the letter. Might want to just go to your dealership.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I still have not gotten mine but while I was at the dealer for something else they metioned it to me and I had it replaced.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got mine in the mail last week. Was getting ready to call the dealer this morning to schedule the work when the wife called and said she T-boned a car on the way to work (not her fault, other lady ran a stop sign). MO's now at the body shop, needs whole new front end, air bags, etc. Body shop said approx 3 weeks for repairs). Guess there's no hurry on the alt replacement now.

:mad:

·
5,244 Posts
2003, nothing here yet. Did not have time to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't received notice yet either from Nissan Canada, and when I made my appt for oil change today I mentioned it to the dealer. He said they can't replace any more anytime soon, as they are out of stock!

I hope they put some aside in case there are failures

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
bfdugger said:
I just got mine in the mail last week. Was getting ready to call the dealer this morning to schedule the work when the wife called and said she T-boned a car on the way to work (not her fault, other lady ran a stop sign). MO's now at the body shop, needs whole new front end, air bags, etc. Body shop said approx 3 weeks for repairs). Guess there's no hurry on the alt replacement now.

:mad:
Glad the MO kept your wife safe during the accident. :)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
03 Murano, build 4/03, purchased 6/03. Received my recall letter last week, but I already had the recall performed in July.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts