Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the better part of last night trying to help put Stillens Cold Air intake on my best friends Murano and I'm pretty ticked off about it. Has anyone bought and successfully installed this? It seems they were designed for the Infinity and "adapted" (very poorly might I add) for the Murano. Even the instructions are for the Infinity??? As you can see from these pics, the hoses don't line up at all for the cold air intake! The bottom of this thing doesnt match any of the Muranos placement holes, and even the screw hole to keep the plastic molding from moving around doesnt line up with the screw hole on the Murano? And IT wasn't cheap either!!! This thing is expensive and I expect better quality than this. I've installed 4 or 5 K&N Filterchargers/Filters in the past and it never took more than 30 minutes, but last night even to get to this point took several hours because the instructions and its pics didn't match the Muranos design. Of course we called Stillen, they said "if the instructions don't match up, don't do that particular instruction" ...how lame is that? Hey Stillen, here's a hint. If you sell something for a vehicle, give instructions for THAT vehicle!!!
GRRR. Any suggestions?

:3:

·
4,664 Posts
Send it back and get your money from them...

For what they charge they should do it right. It would drive me nuts to see something half-baked installed....

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Hmmm... I was just about to add that to my christmas list too.

For $260 you would think that they would have atleast gotten some instructions specifically made for the Murano.

From what I've heard, Stillen's quality is questionable.

Maybe K&N will come out with an Intake?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE:
As the proud owner of a '93 twin turbo Z Ive been using Stillen parts now for over 6 years on various cars and Ive never had an issue with their quality or customer service.

When we called the sales rep and told him how bad things were fitting he read the part number for the murano kit off to us, it matched our kit perfectly. I too was in high-hopes it was the wrong part, but highly unlikely given our part numbers matched.

Stillen reps are taking a look at the pictures as we speak and will let us know what is going on, how to fix it or refunding his money. Ive created a very small site with the photos for them to view. Just for kicks, here it is: http://mysite.verizon.net/res1xb7v/StillenKNMissmatch.html

I will keep you guys updated as I get more news. Also I would really like to see someone else's cold-air kit if they have one. Please post a pic, and the brand just in case we have to return this intake to Stillen. :eek:

P.S. - Place Racing emailed me, they have a "true" cold-air intake in the works, but they are a ways off from final production. It will route the Intake to the outside of the car (in front of the drivers side wheel well) this will allow ONLY the colder outside air to enter. Email them and tell them you are interested... maybe the added interest will speed up production? Their email is: [email protected]

How cool would it be to get a "group buy" of this? :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Its Official...

Its official, I just received the following email from my best friend:

"Well... I just got a call from STILLEN and they said that there have been a few cases where the filter does not match to where the intakes connect evenly, people/dealerships have modified them to work though, but right now it is still being field tested as a non-specific fit for the Murano, but it does fit the infinity model. he was going to look into any modifications for me, but it doesn't look promising and he said i will probably just need to return it for a full refund and STILLEN's apologies!" :(

I SURE WISH THEY WOULD HAVE MADE THAT STATEMENT WHEN ORDERING! :mad:

I would highly recommend staying away form this purchase until these issues are ironed out. It will save you hours of time and frustration not to mention $250 of your hard earned money.

P.S. - They have since removed this item form their website, maybee a new and improved version will be released soon?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
This is terrible. Stillen is generally known for high quality, albeit expensive, parts. For it not to fit and still sell it customers is terrible business practice. I have never purchased anything from Stillen, and have always wondered why people call the company $tealin'.

How does the Murano engine bay compare to the V6 Altima? I wonder if a velocity stack for the Altima would fit on the Murano MAF sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts