Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that the stock 2006 SE OEM rims cost about $1000ea. Is this correct? The chrome 6 spoke rim for the 2006 muranos cost only $275ea. Whats up with that! If I needed to replace an 2006 SE OEM rim, I might as well by the chrome 6 spoke and I can get all f4 for about the same price as one.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
digital808-

Where did you get the quote for the wheels? Are you sure it wasn't $1,000 for the set?

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
There is a set on ebay right now with BRAND NEW tires that will probably go for $600 or less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
njjoe said:
digital808-

Where did you get the quote for the wheels? Are you sure it wasn't $1,000 for the set?

-njjoe

Nope! It's per rim! Thats what I thought also. Even the parts adviser was shocked. I know the parts manager at the local nissan dealer here.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
digital808 said:
Nope! It's per rim! Thats what I thought also. Even the parts adviser was shocked. I know the parts manager at the local nissan dealer here.
Someone made a mistake somewhere. $4,000 for a set of OEM rims for a Nissan is so outrageous it just has to be an error.

I am sure we will find out later the true retail price is more in line with previous models.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
njjoe said:

Someone made a mistake somewhere. $4,000 for a set of OEM rims for a Nissan is so outrageous it just has to be an error.

I am sure we will find out later the true retail price is more in line with previous models.

-njjoe
I hope so. I want to get a spare rim. I don't want to pay $1000 for OEM rims. Until then, I just have to wait.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
digital808 said:
...I want to get a spare rim....
That is what I was going to do. Then I thought to myself..."but why????"
I drove my last car for 7 years and 170,000 miles and never used the spare! For MO, as long as the spare is inflated and is in servisable condition I figure it will do its job if/when it comes to it....and I don't have to do any modifications to make the regular size wheel and tire fit the storage compartment....(you knew you had to do that right?)

And if you really want one, don't get them from dealers. In time you will find good deals here from other members or on e-bay...:)

Just my 2-cents...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Wait until they go on ebay, and you can find a good deal for a very reasonable price (probably $400 for a set of 4, plus shipping).

The reason why new rims cost so much at the dealer is because generally when a model is initially being built (as is the case for the 2006 supply right now), parts are in short supply so prices get jacked up (from the supplier).

If you have US model Murano, you will find a full size spare won't fit in the tirewell without causing a hump to appear on the cargo floor.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
digital808 said:

I hope so. I want to get a spare rim. I don't want to pay $1000 for OEM rims. Until then, I just have to wait.
Keep an eye on eBay. In fact right now there is a set of four (4) wheels and tires for the 2006 S/SL up for bid for $407. They are basically brand new - only 40 miles.

In time I am sure you will see take-off OEM wheels for the SE as well.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
njjoe said:

Keep an eye on eBay. In fact right now there is a set of four (4) wheels and tires for the 2006 S/SL up for bid for $407. They are basically brand new - only 40 miles.

In time I am sure you will see take-off OEM wheels for the SE as well.

-njjoe
Has anyone find anything about the prices on these rims yet? Or do you know of anyone selling there 06 SE rims? I'm wondering when the prices will drop from the dealers on the stock 06 SE rims? I want toy replace one of my rim because of damage.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Eric L. said:

...The reason why new rims cost so much at the dealer is because generally when a model is initially being built (as is the case for the 2006 supply right now), parts are in short supply so prices get jacked up (from the supplier).
Eric, I agree with your post! They just want to discourage selling the $1,000 per wheel aftermarket ( not including it with the vehicle)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
lawheel and tire usually offers oem rims for 100 or so bucks since they buy them from owners for a hundred buck. so do dealers but they mark up extremely heavily.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's odd, on that site the 'refinished' and the 'factory original' are both $321.

OEM wheels are always crazy expensive from the dealer... as are all parts from the dealer. Parts sales are a cash cow for dealers who sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Halo said:
That's odd, on that site the 'refinished' and the 'factory original' are both $321.
I think what they meant to say was.... The wheels were once "factory original" and we bought them from people who upgraded their wheels and we have cleaned and "refinished" them.

Just a guess.

-njjoe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts