Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got about 2900 miles on my MO and the other day I noticed the pass rear tire to be low. I mentioned it to my husband today and he already knew that it was looking low. Anyway he checked it and it has 0 PSI yet it is NOT flat. We have been driving on it for a week and didn't have a clue....

Are the stock tires run flats? I didn't think they were. But we are really wondering how the tire can have 0psi in it and not be flat...

What do most of you keep your PSI on?

*puzzled*

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Not run flat, Well I suppose you could attempt it but :D

32psig. is what I run my tires at. Was the Zero on the TPMS of the MO or on a gague, digital or mechanical?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mechanical guage

I dont have TPMS, no VDC.

tested all the other tires and they do have enough PSI, so the mech guage is working fine...

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
That is weird..

Zero psi is no good.
I dont think that the Mo's tire is runflat. some one canconfirm this?

What do most of you keep your PSI on
EDITED: Front, 34 psi. Rear, 36psi
TO: I mean Front 36 psi, rear 34 psi

·
4,994 Posts
My best guess is the Pressure is very low but; not zero and the gague is just not accurate or sensitive enought to read the low pressure. You lucked out, riding on a flat will definatel ruin the tire in just a couple of yards. Unless you have a road hazard tire warranty you are out big bucks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there is no nail in my tire then aren't they under warranty by the tire manufacturer? They've got 2900 miles on them!!

The dealer I got the car from has a tires for life plan, which is included with my purchase but requires I do all maintenance there... now I'm out of state so I can't take advantage of that.

What do you mean big bucks? TireRack says the tire is $107 each? I only need one. No?

·
4,994 Posts
That's big bucks to me, a $100+ Removal, remount, rebalance, new valve, tax I would rather spend all that for someting else that would be nice.

Nails are road hazards, I don't know why it has lost air. If it's a defect in material or workmanship you would be good to go. You said it does not look flae and you I assume will not drive on it so you are OK as I said. Tires for Life I am not familiar with so you will have to read your contract on that or call them.

Sugar, I already said they are not Run Flat a couple of posts above, If you want another or independant confirmation ,I understand that also.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
From what I read above, I just hope you have a nail in the tire! Any good shop can patch it up using the mushroom patch (its a combo plug and patch that is placed from the inside). The Murano will most likely never see highway speeds high enough to disturb the patch job.

FYI, the Murano does not come with runflats. If it did, the extremely stiff sidewalls would result in an even worse ride. BMW's 330ix was smashed by critics because it had runflats compared to the more agile RWD 330i.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: That is weird..

SugarRushMurano said:
Zero psi is no good.
I dont think that the Mo's tire is runflat. some one canconfirm this?

Front, 34 psi. Rear, 36psi

Why the rear bias? If anything, a front engined mostly FWD Murano should have the front tires inflated slightly higher than the rears. Unless you are carrying a full load in the back.... (as Cartalk's tom and Ray would say, aka your mother in law).

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
For gripperDon and Eric L

Gripperdon: Sugar, I already said they are not Run Flat a couple of posts above, If you want another or independant confirmation ,I understand that also
oopps sorry gripperdon,
Your post about the "not run flat tire(s)" must have gotten through first when i was still typing my reply. Thus, when i posted, i did not see your reply. Sorry ;)

Eric L: Why the rear bias? If anything, a front engined mostly FWD Murano should have the front tires inflated slightly higher than the rears. Unless you are carrying a full load in the back.... (as Cartalk's tom and Ray would say, aka your mother in law).
No I am not. I was wrong, it was 36 front, 34 rear. I edited my post :4:

·
4,994 Posts
That why I like Sugar instead of Equal! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts