Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was going to work and while I was putting the seat cover some guy in the Silver Mo pulled over. He told me that he is living in the Bay Parkway area in Brooklyn (about 1.5 miles from the boro I leave) and he has about 5 Mo in his neighborhood. And he brought some bad news; all Mo had their antennas stolen. Now I am little worried, I still have mine antenna and I want to keep it that way. I was thinking to epoxy the antenna in, so no one can take it out. I guess very soon we will see Murano’s antennas on Ebay.:(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Scary. Antennas are not expensive; however, it would be annoying to have one stolen. I don't want to epoxy mine in for 2 reasons: first of all, should a better aftermarket antenna come along, I'd want to replace it; secondly, these @$$holes may vandalize the car if they cannot take off the antenna.

Of course, in the meanwhile, cops are busy issuing tickets as opposed to actually "serving and protecting."

·
Registered
206 Posts
Of course, in the meanwhile, cops are busy issuing tickets as opposed to actually "serving and protecting."

You know I am just chalking that statement up to your ignorance. Actually we only spend about 10% of our time issuing traffic citations, about 40% trying to catch real criminals and about 50% of the time listening to people like you. So the point is if you would do something to help instead of just running your mouth maybe things would be better!!!!!!!!:soapbox:

·
Registered
420 Posts
CVeeT said:
I have been losing my aluminum valve cover caps from wheels.
I bought locking valve stem covers. They're chrome with a black Nissan logo on the top. They just spin around and around if someone tries to unscrew them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I drive in NYC frequently and love a lot about the city. But I saw a post early on from someone who had his new Murano's wheels stolen in Brooklyn. I then had wheel locks installed within a week.

Too bad they don't make antenna locks too!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ohio Murano said:
You know I am just chalking that statement up to your ignorance. Actually we only spend about 10% of our time issuing traffic citations, about 40% trying to catch real criminals and about 50% of the time listening to people like you. So the point is if you would do something to help instead of just running your mouth maybe things would be better!!!!!!!!:soapbox:
If you are spending half your duty time listening to people like me, you are wasting the taxpayers' money. Also, if 20% of your working time (10%/(10%+40%)) is spent writing tickets, you are spending too much time on it. But I understand, you have to feed yourself and the system. Everyone makes a buck any way they can. After all, money doesn't smell, does it?

Your sanctimonious attempts to glorify what you do would be amusing, if I could banish a mental image of an "officer of the law" with a sadistic grin, right hand resting on the pistol holster, doughnut fragments still stuck in the 70s-style moustache. Yep. That's right. Motorists are a lot easier to catch than real criminals, aren't they?

In NY, you now pay for the same traffic offence 4 times:
1. Fine
2. Surcharge
3. Another fine disguised as part of the "Driver Responsibility Program"
4. Increased insurance premium.

This is nothing but a method of extracting money out of motorists. So guess what? It's probably better to have an antenna stolen than to have an encounter with the Highway Gestapo.

OK I realize this has little to do with stolen antennas, but I couldn't have not written this.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Originally posted by Spin_Echo OK I realize this has little to do with stolen antennas, but I couldn't have not written this.
You could have, and you should have....:14:

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is nothing but a method of extracting money out of motorists. So guess what? It's probably better to have an antenna stolen than to have an encounter with the Highway Gestapo.
And I'll bet that when you're pulled over, you don't have the cojones to have the kind of attitude toward the police officer that you have here, do you?

You're a loser.

G

·
SgtRich said:

And I'll bet that when you're pulled over, you don't have the cojones to have the kind of attitude toward the police officer that you have here, do you?

You're a loser.
You know SgtRich, it's people like that that don't appreciate law enforcement. "It's better to have an atenna stolen than to have an encounter with the Highway Gestapo" - okay it's that same Highway Gestapo that is going to save your life when you get in a car wreck and he is the first to respond to the scene.

·
Registered
89 Posts
SGT,

Not only do I agree with what you say but your choice in MO's is outstanding! :4:

·
Registered
438 Posts
C'mon now... the cops are the good guys.

Anyway, back to topic. if you epoxy it in, make sure you only get epoxy at the very tip of the threaded part. The epoxy is an insulator so it would effectively negate the antenna's function.

I just used red threadlock on the S2000 (again only way INSIDE the threaded part). I have no reason to ever want to remove it. And this will deter someone from casually walking by and quickly unscrewing it.

·
The Member
104 Posts
Murano_driver said:
At least you have a choice…:(
Where in Brooklyn do you live man ?

·
The Member
104 Posts
CopperKat said:

I bought locking valve stem covers. They're chrome with a black Nissan logo on the top. They just spin around and around if someone tries to unscrew them.
Got a link ? or a pic if not a link ? :)
PM me please :)

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
C’mon guys you are ruining my tread. We have a problem with stolen antennas in Brooklyn area, that what should we discuss here. If you want to argument to each other about how good or how bad the police officers are, please start your own tread. I and some other people who lives in Brooklyn need some suggestions how to protect our beautiful Muranos’ from the theft. I would appreciate if you will keep this tread on topic.
Thank you in advance.
:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, seems to me that you don't want to epoxy the antenna in place.
Sure as shootin if you did that, some nimrod would attempt to steal it and break it off...... and then you could have a real problem.

IMO the best thing to do is to get in the habit of physically removing it every night.
It just screws out. Takes 5 seconds, tops.
After all, many folks just take it out and replace every time they go thru a car wash.

May seem like a PITA, but not as much a PITA as paying $40 or somesuch (Anybody know what it costs?) every few days........

Homer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts