Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i am a proud new mo owner, and i am a proud new member of this forum. i have learned a lot from the dozens of threads i ve read, but i have not encountered any that address the problem im having.

when i have the key in my pocket, which is always, sometimes the windows go down automatically. now i can see the benifits of this like in the summer or on hot day but not in the middle of winter in NYC when its 25 degrees out over nite and being unaware the windows are open. and its a real pain in the a** when my next door neighbor rings my bell at 7am to tell me my windows are open. then i have to go outside in a robe when its freakin freezin out to close the windows manually. now i don't understand why you can open them remotely but you can close them remotely, or why they would stay open for more than a certain amount of time and after that they would close. that does not make any scents to me.

god forbid it was raining or live in a bad neighborhood.

so finally my question how do you stop the windows from opening up remotely

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Some other members have had this issue too. Are the windows opening because something in your pocket pushes the button, or they do it even if you don't have it on you? Windows are not supposed to open unless you push a button on the fob, otherwise there is something wrong. Dealer should be able to fix it for you.

I do not believe you can de-program that functionality yourself using the controls in the car but I would think dealer's consult-II setup can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,

yes, the problem is that when the fob is in my pocket the unlock button gets pushed and opens the windows. i should have been more specific. i did not mean to start a thread for no reason.

i did not yet call the dealer. i hate dealing with them and having to waste my time going there.

its to bad there is no function in the personalized settings to change that.

thanks alot i will call the dealership and will post results

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
One thing you could do if the car is NOT configurable (I don't know if it is) would be to install a small slide switch on the remote to kill battery power to the remote. Something like a master switch. I was thinking about doing that.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you are willing to spent the money, I would suggest that you install a remote starter. This will give you the benefit of warming or cooling your car and it will replace your remote with one that won't roll down your windows.

I have been trying to find a remote start that would do just the opposite ( roll down windows) with no luck.

So good luck.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Someone here I thought made a mod to the mo... so when you pressed the unlock on the remote... window rolled down as they do now... but then if you pressed the lock everything would close.

Of course this doesn't address your original issue but its a though.

Of couse you could toss the remote and not use it... but then your security system wouldn't fully be engaged. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
You could always modify the keyfob.

Take a small piece of thin, rigid sheet plastic and cut out a shape that looks like a very oval figure-8. Glue the piece to the face of the keyfob so that the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons are maybe 75% exposed. This would serve two purposes: 1) the buttons would be recessed from the face, and 2) there would be less button area exposed.

It might just work.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the suggestions, but the car is leased and i don't want to alter the key fob or the car in anyway. also i have the smart key so i do want it for the convenience of not having to use any key.

i called my dealership yesterday and spoke to some stupid girl that answered the phone and told her about my problem and she suggested that bring it to an alarm shop and have them disable the alarm. which isn't the answer i was looking for. then i called up Nissan directly and told them my problem as well as the BS answer the girl told me, and she suggested that i bring down to the dealership and ask them in person.

so i really have not got anywhere yet.

i am surprised that more people haven't made an issue about this problem, especially if you own the car and not want to do mods.

i do like the option of being able to close the windows remotely or having some way of timing the windows being open for and when there is no other activity for a while they close.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I think they don't want to close the windows because it could be dangerous especially if no one is there to ensure it doesn't become a
:behead:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had this happen to me 4 times. Once it was raining & I had to dry out the interior, and just 3 days ago and I had frost on the inside of the windshield. I like the car, I HATE this remote.

I just have to remember to take the remote out of my pocket .

I too wish there were a way to un-program the rolldown.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
After a very late night I was climbing in the bed at 3 a.m. and stepped on the panick button, the fob was in my jeans I had just dropped.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I picked those jeans up a lot faster than I dropped them.
:2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have had similar trouble with my intel. key fob only twice. Both times I was wearing my, uh, tight jeans...hmmmm....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've got it.... open up the remote.... put some metal shielding around the antenna to reduce the effectiveness.

This way you will need to be close to the MO to get it to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been there too

I too have had this retarded experience.

Twice in previous Nissans and now twice in my 2 month old Murano (last week while it was snowing!). I like the vehicle other than this feature. It makes absolutely no sense and have never had a demand for it nor have I met anyone who has ever used it.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why any car engineer would even see the sense in adding this feature especially without an override kill switch. Especially since the intelligent keyfob was designed to be carried without pressing the buttons, so knowingly people would carry this on their person and the odds of it being depressed are increased. Plus my 2 year old has a thing for pressing buttons so it’s only a matter of time before this happens in the rain.

It’s just so stupid and un-intuitive, I renaming the keyfob Untelligent key.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts