Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be helpful to know what CD's you've purchased that have the track information display in the Murano.

Discover one? Please post it!!! CDR's don't count, as anyone can create that....

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well... I'm not going to go through my entire CD catalog and list all the ones with CD-Text, but I do know off the top of my head that almost all of the recent (in the past... 6 or so years?) Joe Satriani CDs have CD-Text.

I just find it a major pain the rear that, when I do put in a CD with CD-Text the Bose doesn't automatically display it. I have to go into the blasted menu and tell it to show track title, artist name, *OR* album name... [insert diety here] forbid it could show them all and just scroll through... on a MULTi-LINE dispaly after all. What's worse is, when you set it to show the info and you put in a "normal" CD without CD-Text, it doesn't just default back to showing track number, it just shows "NO INFO" or whatever.

Grrrr....... I don't even bother turning on the text display most of the time.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm yet to find one that does. Although, it has been a while since I've purchased a new CD.

I figure since I'm the one that put the CD in - I know what it is :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've only bought two new CD's since I got XM, and they were SACD replacements of old albums.

XM is saving me so much money!!!!!!!!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
You are right with what I already have and XM, I may never buy a CD again. GRIP :D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
What I like about XM is, if you are in the mood for "Is that all there is?" by Peggy Lee you can just call the satelite studio and they will play it.

Oh.
That's right.
They won't. ;)

Guess that's why I have my CDs.......

Homer:1:

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I find some days XM is hot, other days it sucks and my favourite local FM station smokes it.... It's also limited (believe it or not) as they tend to have "their" idea of favorites and hits.

What I think would be the "killer app" for XM is to stick a PC between the XM receiver and the Murano to capture songs you like. Like a PVR, but of course a PAR instead. Or maybe an Ipod.

The problem with the Ipod the way it works now, is you have to pick and choose what you want and load it in. If it streamed from your fav XM channel(s) into the pc (or Ipod), you could play the very same tracks, complete with title and artist. Then when it's playing back something that truly sucks, you can either skip it, or delete it, so it not only won't play then, but will flag it to never record it again. And of course, I want this integrated, using the Murano's controls.

That, I'd pay for. I want something that feeds me new things, as well as my favorites.

CD's? I buy them if they're good. The artist should get paid for their work, and I don't want a compressed copy, thanks...

So until that day, if you stumble accross Text enabled CD and remember, post it!

Joe Satriani? Love him, don't have any of his discs. I'm going to change that, now I know their enabled. They'll go well with my Jeff Beck collection!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
This is going back a long way, but if I remember correctly, Sony owns the rights to CD Text, and therefore Sony CDs are the only ones with it on them.

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks Dennis, I seem to remember seeing something about those things at one time, but I forgot.

I noticed a link next to the article to another one related:

http://news.com.com/Car+computer+hobbyists+hack+XM+Radio/2100-1027_3-5410250.html?tag=st.rc.targ_mb

Now if XM made the receivers so they would cache the music, they could provide the service, but still control where the data was. That, would be cool...

I've thought about connecting my XM receiver to my PC, but it's not digital out, so there wouldn't be a digital capture.

Now off that article that was linked off the article you posted, is the web site for Time Trax... And on there, is... You got it! Check THIS out!!!!

TimeTrax DockTrax Complete XM includes everything you need to record XM Satellite Radio onto your iPod: TimeTrax Software, TimeTrax DockTrax (iPod Dock/Adapter for XM Direct), an XM Direct Radio, and all cables and accessories.
Hey Charles, there's something worth interfacing to!!!!

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dennis, I don't think you'll ever get a straight answer from Nissan on why it wasn't available in 2003, because I strongly suspect it was a marketing decision to do this, to give Infiniti products the edge.

As we all know, the only thing Nissan didn't do with the 2003, is put in the harness. The same harness they were selling for a short period of time, on and off, for the G35 at the same time.

Then they had the nerve to put on that sticker...

·
Registered
10 Posts
CD's with CD Text

Hi Guys,

There are actually a few CD's that DO have the tittles embedded..

I am originally from The Netherlands and it was a bit bigger in those countries.

I have a few CD's here with year mixes of Ben Liebrandand they have all the tittles on them.

My Wife's Celine Dion has tittles on them.

What is too weird though (Unless I haven't figured it out yet) is that the title doesn't scroll.

Greetz

Pim

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
PiMMeL

Welcome, Glad to see you posting. GRIP :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
The new Beastie Boys CD has the title info on it. I know I have a couple more with the info on it. Ill look and report back.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: CD's with CD Text

PiMMeL said:

What is too weird though (Unless I haven't figured it out yet) is that the title doesn't scroll.
I have that same annoyance. I'll have to search through the threads but I think I saw something, maybe by jaak, saying that there was a setting to make the screen multi-line? There's lots of unused room to display multiple lines of text, but I've never been able to get my 04 to do it.

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, doesn't scroll. You can view the rest of it by pushing the knob on the right and selecting the title or track, then turning it to see the rest. Sucks.

XM and Sirius show the Title and Artist simultaneously on the monochrome display. That's it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 03 was suppose to have a retro kit available for satalite but Nissan neve came through. So i went the IPod route and love it with over 5000 songs I could let it run for 21 days and not repeat a song. I can have play lists for what ever mood I'm in and ones for when I am with my wife and age apropreate ones for my daughter. The only problem was where to mount the TransPod cradle it ended up on the left side of the console. I get most of my music from ether ITunes or the Pawn shops, cant beet the price especially if your looking for older albums. Though it does take time to create the MP3s for $3.00 a CD I can live with it.

·
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The kit is the missing wire harness. All the info on that is in the Sat thread and the harness is available as a Nissan part number.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts