Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I got into my MO to go to work, I noticed that both front windows were rolled all the way down. I know that this can be done with the key fob, but I didn't do this after I parked the car last night. Fortunately, the car spends the night in the garage.

Since we are getting rain here today, I will have monitor my vehicle today to see if this occurs during the day today. There is no shelter here at work and I don't want a soaked interior.

Hope I don't have a short or the beginnings of a new problem.
Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
If Im wearing tight pants and my fob is in my pocket, occasionally I will hear beeps from my MO. This happens when I sit down and there are other objects in my pocket.

If you look at the design of the fob, the buttons are not recessed.

I haven't had the windows roll down yet but have had activate / deactivate the alarm.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the first occurrence for me. I am still not sure what happened because the car was parked in my garage overnight and I found the windows down in the morning. Keys were on the kitchen counter.

I know there is a TSB for a similar issue on the 2003 and I wonder if a dealership would apply that to my 2004.

Right now, I am writing this off as a fluke. If it begins to happen repeatedly, I'll need the dealership to effect some sort of repair based on the 2003 TSB.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I find the fob can be triggered very easily while in your pocket. I would bet that it was pressed for a period and that caused them to roll down.

Good thing it was in the garage.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Fortunately I have never had the issue but if I was betting, I would bet on the fob buttons having been pushed somehow too.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I always keep my keys in my pocket, but I've never had the UNLOCK button get accidentally pushed. The lock one, yes. And to have it pushed for long enough to roll down the windows? I'd be skeptical if that was the issue. Especially if the windows were ALL the way down.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
You know, the unlock button will also work the same way as lock button because regardless of if the doors are locked or not, if you push the unlock button on the fob and not realize it (hence do not open any doors) the MO will lock itself backup after a minute. So if you have not paid attention, there is no sure way of knowing if you pushed the lock button, or the unlock button!

·
Registered
142 Posts
i've noticed that my fob only works from less than about 150 feet away from the MO. so most of the time, even if i press that button, it won't reach the car. :D

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I have tripped the panic alarm, rolled the windows down, unlocked and locked the Mo, by accident, with my keys in my pocket.
So I can see it happening in this case.

I even stepped on the fob once at 3am and had the panic alarm go off scaring the bejesus outta me.
:2:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mgthe3 said:
I even stepped on the fob once at 3am and had the panic alarm go off scaring the bejesus outta me.:2:
LOL...just tried to imagine that and it is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuny!

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
zebelkhan said:
You know, the unlock button will also work the same way as lock button because regardless of if the doors are locked or not, if you push the unlock button on the fob and not realize it (hence do not open any doors) the MO will lock itself backup after a minute. So if you have not paid attention, there is no sure way of knowing if you pushed the lock button, or the unlock button!
I disabled the re-locking feature, as I didn't want to have it automatically re-lock when I didn't want it to.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:

LOL...just tried to imagine that and it is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuny!
Happens to me all the time too, esp if I am carrying something else in the hand I am also holding the fob in. I unlock the doors and before I put down whatever I am holding, I accidentally press the panic button and get the crap scared out of me when those horns go off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can beat these stories. Not only have I rolled on the buttons to hit lock, unlock, roll the windows down, and trigger the alarm, but I was underneath the car with no jack doing an oil change, with oil on at least one of my hands, and I rolled on the panic button. OUCH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts