Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Murano LE with navigation. Does anybody know if and how I can connect to my Ipad2 via bluetooth and listen to songs through the car speakers?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't tried it but I always use my iPhone 4 for streaming Internet Radio in my 2011 LE. I know that the iPad 2 does support A2DP (stereo bluetooth) as well so I'm assuming it'll work the same as the iPhone. Just go to the Bluetooth menu and choose to connect a new device or maybe the menu says phone) , it'll ask you whether it's an Audio device choose yes. Once you are trying to connect you'll want to go to the Bluetooth menu on the iPad and complete the pairing process.

Hope this helps and works for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh and I forgot to mention the very nice feature that I also noticed was that you could skip and restart tracks (through the dashboard or steering wheel buttons) if you're playing through the iPod app on the iPad or another supported app (like Pandora Internet radio).

That is really very convenient and I was very pleased that it exists!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies. I think I am doing something wrong. I went to Phone menu and paired the car with the iPad. It seems like it is connected, but nothing happens when I listen to radio.com on iPad. What am I missing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
So you first wanna make sure that the app you're using supports streaming out via Bluetooth. There should be an 'Airplay' (kind of like a monitor) icon next to the volume bar on the screen in that app that let's you choose the output source.

My suggestion is to first try it with the iPod app on the iPad and if that works then go from there. If it doesn't work then there's something going on and nothing else would work anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the iPod app on iPad and it does not work either. The car connects to the iPad, but I cannot listen to the music through the car speakers. Do I need to press any buttons on the stereo?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It took me a while but I was finally able to set up the steaming BT using my Blackberry....pretty neat feature.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just searched through the 2010 and 2011 Manuals. Only in the '11 has BLUETOOTH® STREAMING AUDIO (models with navigation system) on page 4-66. And the word streaming is no where in the '10 Manual. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I just searched through the 2010 and 2011 Manuals. Only in the '11 has BLUETOOTH® STREAMING AUDIO (models with navigation system) on page 4-66. And the word streaming is no where in the '10 Manual. Sorry.
Well that would explain it!...lol. Sorta like trying to open the sunroof on models without a sunroof! rofl.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You have the music box and a USB input on the 2010 don't you? No need for streaming then really. I set it up to see if it works but truthfully, I don't see myself using it often if at all.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
They'll be something on the 2012s that us 2011 owners wish we waited for as well......always seems to be the way..lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I always used this device before I bought my 2011 Murano. you can use it with your 2010 Murano by hooking it up to the Aux input using a 3.5" to RCA connector.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038MA11U?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1[/ame]

It works really really well and I use it now to stream audio from my Mac (which is hooked up to my TV) to my Westone UM-2 headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an SL, didn't realize that you needed the LE for A2DP streaming. Can you add it to the SL afterward? I use the Bluetooth handsfree phone option, works great

2011 Nissan Murano SL
White, beige leather

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have an SL, didn't realize that you needed the LE for A2DP streaming. Can you add it to the SL afterward? I use the Bluetooth handsfree phone option, works great

2011 Nissan Murano SL
White, beige leather
Not sure what you mean by A2DP but if you mean bluetooth music streaming, I have it on my SL. You have to have NAV

1 - 20 of 20 Posts