Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought my new 05 Murano home one week ago. I love it. I wanted an SL in Platinum so they brought one in from another dealer in the region for me.

I checked it out, and every thing appeared fine. Then later in the week I noticed it had pinstripes (light gray). They look ok, but I almost think it would look better without.

Two question:

1) What is your opinion on how pinstripes look on the Murano? Does the Mo look better without?

2) How easy is it to remove the stripes? Should I do it myself or get the dealer to do it?

Thanks,
Paul S.

PS. Thanks to everyone's posts on this website. I was able to make a very informed decision and I love my Mo!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I prefer it without Pinstripes. My dealer had some with and they charged an extra $99 for them but I didn't like the way they looked. As far as removing them I would think you could do it yourself.. A few years back I bought a used vehicle that had them but some was missing or worn off so I took the wifes hair dryer and warmed the rest of them and they peeled right off. There was some sticky residue under some of it, but a buddy of mine had some kind of stuff we wiped on it and you couldn't even tell they used to be there. I'm sure if you leave them some people will think they look sharp. I would like to see a blue Mo with gray racing stripes. I don't think I would ever put racing stripes on mine but I would like to see one. :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
To stripe or not to stripe? I had them put on my 03 Murano and then when I traded my 03 for an 05, I had the dealer put them on. I think they add a nice touch to the looks of the vehicle and enhance the lines. Just my humble opionion.:p

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I have Platinum and have debated, post a picture, IF you can. I would love to see them. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Mine had them and I took them off, it was a pain to get some of the residue off. I have seen a Mo which had the pin stripes following the upswept lines of the rear window and it did look good. Mine followed the body lines turning down at the rear....kinda detracted from the upswept window lines that IMHO make the Mo what it is.
I can see a Mo profile a mile away with that very cool upswept look---that and what jaak says, the "Hot Wheels" look.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am intrigued....

I have pinstriped my past 4 vehicles with the stick on tape and was debating the Murano. I have not spotted any with stripes yet so there is hesitance to take the plunge. The lines on the car are already awesome and unless you go with a sublte stripe color you will totally alter the reference lines and character of the body. My Brother has a Pewter Murano and wants it striped so I may use him as a guinea pig before striping my Platinum ride. Paul please post pic if possible.

·
4,664 Posts
I think it depends on the colour as to the impact of pinstripes...

Colours that really highlight the body's lines when the light illuminates the paint, won't benefit as much, as colours that stay monochrome.

As noted above, you have to ensure you're highlighting the right styling features to make it look right. My suggestion would be to take a picture and make some sketches before actually laying stripes...

Me? I don't want them on the copper. The light hits the copper and highlights the metalwork's styling very nicely.

I might put them on with the Navy, or the Pewter. The Silver might look good with black. It could be done right, but I think it's a lot more likely it would be done wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grip,

Tried to take some pix today but it is overcast and you can't see much detail in them. I will try on the next sunny day.

Paul S

·
5,100 Posts
Paul S.

Wonderful, I bet it's hard to photograph. the Platinum is dark to begin with and The pin stripes are probably not a great contrast. thanks for the efforts, GRIP :D

·
4,664 Posts
Get 'em Don, don't leave them off the list!

·
5,100 Posts
Only IF they really look Good I have very little visual adds.
The grill is Primo the Head lighting is also good. And thats all you really get to see on the outside.

I think the Tails will blend in to the Mo with the dark Platinum very well and help subdue the (to my eye) excessive brightness of the current design that takes away from the intergrated look. The laser grill did that as compared to stock IMO, less stand out and more intergrated and smoother design wise.

GRIP :D

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, it's interesting how opinions vary. I don't like the aftermarket grills, as they look cheap to me. There's no depth, they are flat and cut flat. The one's I've seen up close, don't match up with the hood properly either.

The taillights? I like their styling, so I don't have a problem with them standing out... But I agree on your colour they may be a bit much. Especially in your sunshine!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine came with a light blue double tape pinstripe with curlyQ's at both ends from the Maroone franchise. Apparently this is standard practice here in SFL and has become their trademark. I took off the thinner of the two stripes and half of the trademark curlies and it came out really nice. It breaks up the rather large expanse of dark on the sides of the MO. I vote for striping, tastefully.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Pics Please!!

:awais:

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I bought my MO, I lived with stripes for aweek or so but decided to have the dealer take them off. It just looks cleaner. It makes the design of the MO really stand out. No distraction from the flow of the lines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jiggers:

Did the dealer charge you anything. I assume this is a pretty easy thing for them to do. I still haven't decided for sure, but I will probably remove.

Picture Requestors:

I will be taking some pix today. The sun has finally decided to show itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, here is a full car picture of the stripes, I think you can see them ok. I will post some closeups in my gallery:

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
The stripes look great on the Platinum!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Paul S

Thanks for the pic.:claphead: First time I have seen a Mo with stripes. I see you have a Magellan GPS. Can you tell me how and where you mount it? Are you using the wimdshield suction mount?

Thanks- njmo

·
Registered
282 Posts
GPS Mount

njmo said:
I see you have a Magellan GPS. Can you tell me how and where you mount it? Are you using the wimdshield suction mount?

Thanks- njmo
Mostly, I use the windshield suction mount. But, it has popped off a couple times. Fortunately, I mount it pretty low over the dash. So, nothing bad has happened. I've also just set it in front of the display screen with a cloth behind and under to keep everything from getting scratches.

Still, I am considering getting the Magellan dash mount or the Pro-Fit Legend for something more stable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts