Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bet a lot of Muranos owners would love to have this engine and transmission:

"...comes equipped with a standard 3.8-liter direct-injection V6 engine with best-in-class 310 horsepower. The engine is matched to a 9-speed automatic transmission designed to maximize efficiency and provide strong acceleration. "

I'm happy with what the Murano has currently. Although I could do without the fake shifting, I enjoyed my '03's CVT acting like a CVT is supposed to act...

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
54 Posts
The engine/trans go in the wrong direction in this application, but the new Pathfinder has the transverse 9-speed transmission we want.

My only concern with the newer engines is that Nissan seems to be using a spray-on bore coating in their new aluminum engine blocks instead of cast iron sleeves. I prefer the cast iron sleeves for a tried and true engine design--other mfrs have had oil burning problems with some of their spray-coated bores.

Nissan does not seem to publish their cylinder bore sleeving/coating prominently so correct me if I'm wrong.

I also prefer port injection to direct injection to eliminate the intake valve deposits that many direct injected engines suffer from. So I'll keep my Murano engine but would like the new Pathfinder transmission :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts