Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a good one for ya'll....

About 2 hours ago, the wife gives me a call here at work. The first thing she tells me is, "You're not going to believe this..." The first thing that comes to my mind, is that OH NO, she got into an accident. NOPE, she then tells me, "A big A** rock came flying at the windshield and cracked it..." When I asked her how big it was, she said that it was about the size of a nickel and is pitted. GREAT!! Just what I wanted to hear, especially since someone keyed her door just last week. ARGH!! How come I can never have a nice NEW vehicle, and just let it age gracefully, WITHOUT any kind of human intervention!?!?!

So, I call the insurance company, USAA, and ask them how to go about filing a claim so I can get the windshield fixed. They take down all my information and then tell me, that they are going to send a glass repair guy from Safelite out to the house to come and repair the glass. Total Cost to me..... $0. :woot: Now, if he can't repair it, I have to pay the deductable to have the glass replaced with OEM stuff. Total cost on that repair, without deductable, $1160+tax. That's purchasing and installing Nissan OEM glass at the dealership. I refuse to use any kind of glass other than OEM.

Man.....what a day.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ski Zero said:
Here's a good one for ya'll....

About 2 hours ago, the wife gives me a call here at work. The first thing she tells me is, "You're not going to believe this..." The first thing that comes to my mind, is that OH NO, she got into an accident. NOPE, she then tells me, "A big A** rock came flying at the windshield and cracked it..." When I asked her how big it was, she said that it was about the size of a nickel and is pitted. GREAT!! Just what I wanted to hear, especially since someone keyed her door just last week. ARGH!! How come I can never have a nice NEW vehicle, and just let it age gracefully, WITHOUT any kind of human intervention!?!?!

So, I call the insurance company, USAA, and ask them how to go about filing a claim so I can get the windshield fixed. They take down all my information and then tell me, that they are going to send a glass repair guy from Safelite out to the house to come and repair the glass. Total Cost to me..... $0. :woot: Now, if he can't repair it, I have to pay the deductable to have the glass replaced with OEM stuff. Total cost on that repair, without deductable, $1160+tax. That's purchasing and installing Nissan OEM glass at the dealership. I refuse to use any kind of glass other than OEM.

Man.....what a day.
Oh, I would just be happy your wife was not injured from the flying rock. Those little dings and dents on a new car lead to a realization: its a car, and if you baby it you'll never get the full use out of it. It hurts initially to see the perfect new car marred by a small bit of damage, but eventually you euphemistically call it "character." :p

Enjoy the ride. :D

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Re: Re: Stupid Road Department!!

Eric L. said:

Oh, I would just be happy your wife was not injured from the flying rock. Those little dings and dents on a new car lead to a realization: its a car, and if you baby it you'll never get the full use out of it. It hurts initially to see the perfect new car marred by a small bit of damage, but eventually you euphemistically call it "character." :p

Enjoy the ride. :D
I LIKE that philosophy!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: Re: Stupid Road Department!!

Eric L. said:
It hurts initially to see the perfect new car marred by a small bit of damage, but eventually you euphemistically call it "character." :p
Over the years, my previous cars have attained a LOT of character. :toothless

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
A few weeks ago while flying down the highway, a small rock hit my windshield so hard that the noise scared the crap outta me.

There is a small abrasion, but no cracking whatsoever. It's like a little dent.

Based on the noise, I was surprised the window didn't completely shatter.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Don't feel too bad... I had a rock hit and pit my windschield less than a week after ownership. :mad:

·
5,244 Posts
I have read all three links. It is painful. I do not get it. Stupidity does not even remotely reflect actions by those morons.

·
4,601 Posts
I agree completely. Same thing happened here in Toronto. The boy wasn't killed but he sure was messed up bad.

I won't get into what I think people that do that, deserve. Slowly.

·
5,244 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts