Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have the BOSE system did you know that ontop of the spare tire is a lil subwoofer, i never realized that. I was wondering if anyone has tried to remove it from the spare and put it over the carpeting in the back? wondering if it make a bit more bass or not.....:eek:

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
believe it or not, it took me the better part of three weeks to read the BOSE insignia on the lil unit....

all along i thought it was a roadside emergency kit of sorts....... (maybe the plug should've told me something...)

lol

anyway, i JUST found my cargo net about three days ago.... after the dealer and i both assumed it was missing from the car.... (was in the floor panel , LHS, that i was never shown to exist)

ya learn something everyday, i hope..........

·
Registered
76 Posts
yup i knew that.. but still that little bose sub doesnt have enough oompf in it..

i prefer my own pioneer setup in mylittle civic :)

btw.. didnt your guys' dealers go through everything with you!! my dealer went through the car in detail when i went to pick it up.. took out the cargo net, showed me the bose sub, bolts for licence plate etc. etc.
i bet its a canada thing.. we're just better :p

just kidding boys!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
i<3mymurano said:
yup i knew that.. but still that little bose sub doesnt have enough oompf in it..

i prefer my own pioneer setup in mylittle civic :)

btw.. didnt your guys' dealers go through everything with you!! my dealer went through the car in detail when i went to pick it up.. took out the cargo net, showed me the bose sub, bolts for licence plate etc. etc.
i bet its a canada thing.. we're just better :p

just kidding boys!

my dealer.........

didnt know about the sat NOT being in (gave me the number for xm activation)
didnt know there is a susp. difference in the SE vs. SL
didnt show me the interior of the car (anymore than me sitting in it and looking for myself)
ddidnt know the awd was fulltime; told me i had to depress the lock button to engage the awd system

the list is long for me, unfortunately.........

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah it was near closing time at the dealership when I picked up my Murano and they were like we could show you how the car works but you can probably figure it out yourself when you drive it. And I did.

esemes said:

my dealer.........

didnt know about the sat NOT being in (gave me the number for xm activation)
didnt know there is a susp. difference in the SE vs. SL
didnt show me the interior of the car (anymore than me sitting in it and looking for myself)
ddidnt know the awd was fulltime; told me i had to depress the lock button to engage the awd system

the list is long for me, unfortunately.........

·
Registered
719 Posts
You can pick up a little extra with the Bose subwoofer in the Murano by removing the press board cover between the storage tray and the spare tire.

I removed mine right away (7,000 miles ago) and have had no issues at all as a result. I for one, don't think the Bose sound quality is as bad as most people here do.

It's certainly no high quality home sound system but it's adequate for it's intended use.

Those who want more can certainly improve it with better speakers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kole sub

If you want a good setup, look into kole subwoofers, they , make a subwoofer in the MFW series of their subs. it is a shallow mounting high output sub. simply fabricate a box that fits in the spare tire well with a circular mounting faceplate to sit in the tire. you can either run the input signal to the amp directly from the signal sent to the stock sub or but an interface to run off the bose sytem. a matching kole amp would do the job and it can be hidden in the open space on the left side of the spare. the 10" sub has a max output of 800 watts. i think thatll give you the "oomph" your looking for.www.koleaudio.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts