Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Looks Yummy, a mating of The BMW and the MO. BUT is it worth 1/3 more? GRIP :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
It sure is nice to be driving the future right now.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
gargoyle said:
It sure is nice to be driving the future right now.
Nice! :29:

·
5,268 Posts
Subaru may have a winner. I hope it drives as well as it looks.

PS. The resemblance to MO is striking!

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reminds me more of the Lexus RX300 or even the Buick Rendezvous. I like Subaru but I think this effort is lacking. Maybe the Saab version will be a little more appealing stylistically.

·
38 Posts
Im just pretty surprised that Subaru had to play the copycat game! I have always viewed their cars as having a unique styling. The Tribeca looks alot like so many cars already on the road (RX, MO, Buick etc...) that I almost feel like they stooped lower just to fit in. It looks cool from the pics, but the MO definately blows it out of the water any day!!!!:2:

Jackie

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It may be rather sluggish with Subaru's 3.0L flat 6, which makes 250hp, but is rather low on torque.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Do SUBARU's have a good a build reputation as Nissan? Grip :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GripperDon said:
Do SUBARU's have a good a build reputation as Nissan? Grip :D
My past experience with Subaru's was that Nissan had a better "reputation" than Subaru, primarily because Subaru (and Mazda for that matter) where known to ignore bugs and problems until the next model year. In other words, they did not implement any fixes mid year as Honda and Toyota (and sometimes Nissan) do. Otherwise, I think they are solidly built cars, better than Nissan.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Given the generally harsher conditions the older subarus were driven in (I'm talking 1980's 4WD wagons) and how they go 200,000-300,000 miles before quitting, I have a high regard for Subaru.

I think right now Nissan's troubles are not with building bad products, but rather, the assembly of the product has sunk to near GM levels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eric L. said:
It may be rather sluggish with Subaru's 3.0L flat 6, which makes 250hp, but is rather low on torque.
That engine also has 250 lb/feet of torque. It should move just fine. I drove an '05 Legacy GT with that engine. The thing is a rocket!

As a long time Subaru-lover, and a brand new MO-owner, I have to say that the new MO looks much better. I guess we'll have to wait to see it without camo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts