Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Murano lovers!,
We recently acquired 2017 Murano SV . The media system has a NAV but was not rigged with Bose. Obviously it didn’t come with the Bose subwoofer that is enclosed within the spare tire’s wheel cavity . Shortly after buying the car , I thought of giving more life to the music and achieve a fuller sound. One day while checking the possibilities of installing a sub , I discovered a wire wth 4 pin connector branched out from the wire harness along the left side where the spare tire is . The wire is not connected to anything but the connector is identical ones used to connect to a Bose sub in a Bose equipped system. Does anyone know what the wire with 4pin female Connector is for? Can I connect that To a Bose sub .

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
The wiring is probably standard across the upper models to facilitate just adding the Bose amp and woofer when required. The woofer is driven by the Bose amp, so you would probably still need a Bose amp.n

Maybe someone with an SV without Bose will check and chime in if they also have the extra connector. FWIW, there's probably a amp connector behind the passenger's rear seat.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Francis, I would not waste my time nor money on the Bose solution. We have a Platinum with Bose and it is awful. The 2009 we had with Bose was SO MUCH better than this one. You might explore some third-party solutions. Better bang for your buck, no doubt. You can do a search and see all the comments about the Bose system in the later model Murano's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts