Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SV w/ Nav (No Bose)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2018 Murano with Navigation, I switched out the speakers and added an amp (from Alpine) and it works great. It delivers more than enough power for what I'm doing. However, I want to add a subwoofer to complete my car audio. I want to try and find the most "non-invasive" way to install a subwoofer and where to do it. I know the Bose subwoofers sat on top of the spare, but I'm not sure if that would work for any other speaker.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,180 Posts
The 3rd Gen Murano subwoofer is stereo and non-powered. You can purchase one and power it with your Alpine amp, if it has subwoofer left and right outputs. That way you won't have to plan where to place it. You will need the longer hold-down bolt to accommodate the subwoofer.

I'm powering my subwoofer with a Boss 200W amp. Awesome bass.

Have a good day.

Reactions: scott5626

·
Registered
2018 SV w/ Nav (No Bose)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 3rd Gen Murano subwoofer is stereo and non-powered. You can purchase one and power it with your Alpine amp, if it has subwoofer left and right outputs. That way you won't have to plan where to place it. You will need the longer hold-down bolt to accommodate the subwoofer.

I'm powering my subwoofer with a Boss 200W amp. Awesome bass.

Have a good day.
Thank you for answering.

So I would need to get a subwoofer designed specifically for the Murano? And I'm assuming that would be the one to go on top of the spare?

·
Super Moderator
1,180 Posts
A quick search of online used parts showed the woofer for $70 from a 2017.

You might want to look local so that you can also grab the longer spare tire hold down bolt. You'll need the longer bolt to hold the woofer also. I would think that cars without the woofer will have a shorter hold down bolt and won't work with a factory subwoofer. I could be wrong.

I believe that Crutchfield makes a spare tire subwoofer if you want new.

I have a few pics and writeup posted here when I added the Boss amp to the stock Bose woofer for more punch.

Have a good day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts