Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today(9/22/05), I had the exact same problem...loss of power, AWD and engine light came on. Even raving at 7k rpm moved the car only slightly. Than switched off and started again...the power was back except for the engine service soon light.

Looks like an inherent manufacturing flaw here seeing so many exact same symptoms. ..see posts on Edmunds.

Dropped the car to the dealer today...awaiting diagnostic results.

BTW, my '05 car has only 3000 miles on it and is two months old.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
qbadat said:
Today(9/22/05), I had the exact same problem...loss of power, AWD and engine light came on. Even raving at 7k rpm moved the car only slightly. Than switched off and started again...the power was back except for the engine service soon light.
Can you describe the circumstances? Traffic condition, temp, speed, incline, etc....:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Can you describe the circumstances? Traffic condition, temp, speed, incline, etc...."

The car was parked, when started in the morning the above problems started. Parking is in flat area.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Have the code read by the dealership, and please let us know how it goes. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the dealer just called and said there is an open-circuit but they have unable to pin point the cause yet...said will keep the car overnight for more troubleshooting...:3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, it seems the dealer service center has narrowed it down to a loose grounding wire...! hope this was the cause and see the last of it.

On another note, is it worth getting the extended warranty ? which should I choose..? the one listed on the Nissan websites are:

Security+Plus Gold Preferred
Security+Plus Gold
Security+Plus Silver Preferred
Security+Plus Silver
Security+Plus Bronze

Thanks for responses.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
qbadat said:
Ok, it seems the dealer service center has narrowed it down to a loose grounding wire...! hope this was the cause and see the last of it.

On another note, is it worth getting the extended warranty ? which should I choose..? the one listed on the Nissan websites are:

Security+Plus Gold Preferred
Security+Plus Gold
Security+Plus Silver Preferred
Security+Plus Silver
Security+Plus Bronze

Thanks for responses.
Loose ground wire??? That is terrible! That speaks directly of Nissans very poor quality control.

Buy Gold prefered. The difference in price is not that much but it covers a lot more. Make sure you call as many dealers as you can to get the best deal possible.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Loose ground wire??? That is terrible! That speaks directly of Nissans very poor quality control.
IMHO I think it speaks directly of Nissan's service center's poor ability to diag problems/relay information to the customer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts