Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys , recently have noticed my fuel economy getting worse. I went from an average of 13L/100km driving up and down hills in our area, to now getting 15.8 L/110km while driving on flat city driving.
Ive checked my tire inflation, all good at 34psi, no signs of dragging brake pads. The only issue we've had is batter corrosion caused dead battery and had to get jump start. Could this have caused an unknot issue?

I've also noticed the throttle is very responsive, perhaps too responsive. Could the TPS need a reset? Any chance it can cause economy changes?

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'd start with scanning for trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just a thought, but the difference in fuel economy you cited is about a 10% increase. Does the "city driving" include a lot more frequent idling and stop-and-go traffic than the driving up/down hills? If so, this could account for the increase since the engine is spending more time burning fuel without going anywhere. The difference between city and highway fuel economy values for a car can be 25-30% or more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I need a coffee, most of the driving is in the city, however we’ve been doing this for a few months consistently without such increase.
I did use an OBD11 scanner and did not get any codes, However some data came up regarding the O2 sensor. I’m going to bring it to the dealer and see what they can come up with.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The difference is really small that I would just blame it on the the winter weather if you are getting 20 and below where you live. You are still within the average on both readings. If you are getting anywhere between 325-350 miles per tank - like a 18-19 gal fill up. I would say you are ok. When I first got my MO in 2004 I was still living in SF and my gas mileage gets as low as 12-13 miles/gal SF hills city driving. Maybe you warm up your car longer to get the heat going before taking off? Do you have a code indicating the o2 sensor?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well I need a coffee, most of the driving is in the city, however we’ve been doing this for a few months consistently without such increase.
I did use an OBD11 scanner and did not get any codes, However some data came up regarding the O2 sensor. I’m going to bring it to the dealer and see what they can come up with.
Check my post about the BlueDriver OBD2 scanner. I tried other cheap ones that check the DTC only and they don't work nearly as well the the BlueDriver which is $99 on Amazon.ca; you can always spend the extra money if you want and get a scanner that does most things for around $260 CAD, but they go up from there if you want them to do everything.

The BlueDriver checks all the modules in your MO, your transmission, your radio, etc and it gives you the Nissan codes and what needs to be fixed as well what others have found to work. It will also give you links to the parts on Amazon which works most of them. If you have a tablet I would recommend you use that for the app and not your phone, but that's up to you. :)

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
7,977 Posts
Our 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee's highway mileage just dropped 8-10 MPG when the temperatures dropped under 30 degrees. If you've having cold weather, that's about normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts