Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
i need your recommendation here. My wife and i are going on a 3K mile trip next month and i am wondering if i should have any specific maintenance done prior to leaving. MAINLY because i have not done the schduled maintenance on my MO as i should have. I KNOW.. dont beat me up but its a budget issue. Of course i have dont regular maintenance like oil but are there any flushes to the CVT or coolants or differentials that i should worry about? everything is running great now but since we are near 50K i needed your opinions

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Mikeyusa-

1) The most important maintenance item is the oil. If you are running dino oil, then I would say change the oil and filter only if it has not been changed within the last 1,000 miles (that is assuming you change it every 4,000 miles). If it has been changed within the last 1,000 miles then it will be fine for the 3,000 mile trip.

2) Assuming you do not have a maintenance-free battery, I suggest checking the electrolyte level and adding distilled water as needed.

3) Ensure all four tires are properly inflated.

4) Top off the windshield washer reservoir and apply a coat of Rain-X to the windshield. The Rain-X makes a huge difference if you encounter rain during your travels.

5) Ensure coolant, brake, and power steering reservoirs are adequately filled.

The engine coolant is good for 60,000 miles or 48 months, according to Nissan. The CVT and diff fluids do not require changing at this point in time.

Have a safe trip and don't forget the camera.

-njjoe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts