Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I try to use my sun visor it basically falls out of the clip and hangs into my line of site cockeyed. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me? I thought I had seen a thread and TSB regarding this but haven't found it yet. I'm going in for service next week and I'm planning on hitting the dealer up for my list of rattles and this too.

Thanks,

·
Registered
487 Posts
I haven't experienced this, but I can see that the clip there is a bit wimpy.

I don't use my visors much... maybe I'm better off. :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same problem here. In fact, this is my only problem with my MO so I guess I am lucky. I figured I would have it looked at during my first oil change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did some poking around on the NHTSA site and found:

Service Bulletin Num: 03081
Summary:
Sunvisor support clip loose and/or rattles

I usually don't use the visor much either, but my commute is straight east-west in the worst possible config, so I pretty much get blasted every day. It would be nice to get this fixed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh yeah, you're not wrong. They are kinda wimpy. The visor just doesn't "SNAP" in there like I think it should. However, I doubt the TSB will help us, unless they've designed a whole new clip -- heavier/sturdier.

My wife uses the passenger visor all the time and all she has to do is fold it down and -- pop -- out it comes, without even trying. It'd be nice if they'd replace them outright with something better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yup HAD the same problem ,the clip IS replaced no questions asked..........my dealer told me there was a bad batch of them and they had a couple hundred in stock.don't know if this is true at all but he said all of the nissan trucks have the same clip:1:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I figured there was something wrong with mine and the dealer replaced them. The new ones are just as wimpy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Visor Clips

My driver's side clip was broken when I bought mine. The dealership replaced it within a couple of weeks. I haven't noticed any wimpiness.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Just did a 2 yr dealer service visit & I also noted the loose passenger side visor clip.
The dealer will replace it, but of course he had to order it, so it will be another trip, but since they are also doing the seat rails it will not be for something so minor.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Same issue here... there is a TSB to resolve it. I had it performed and its been fine since. Have them perform the TSB.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had it on the passenger side. Wife would fold down the visor and it would just fall out. I had the dealer replace it. The technician left LOTS of smudge marks and dirt on the visor and area surrounding the new clip. The marks wiped off, but the replacement clip was no better than the original. I gave up since its not that big a deal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I haven't had this issue yet...but have noticed that when down it shakes like a some-o-*****..... I have an '01 A4 with a solid sun visor. That thing doesn't budge when going over bumps... Anyhoot...apples to oranges....so I guess I shouldn't compare the two. I still love my car though!!!!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Good news.... I had the MO back in to the dealer on Friday 3/4 to get the new seat track & C clips installed.

Wow what a difference, the seat is now rock solid with no squeeks & the C clips really hold the visor tight.

Now for the Bad news....... the dealer put a 1.5" vertical scratch in the center of my drivers door. Luckily my wife was picking it up that day, or I would have gone balistic. I must say the dealer did point it out to her & said they would fix it. What bugs me though is the MO is going to be 2 years old on 3/21 & except for a couple chips on the front of the hood, she looks brand new!

Today she dropped it off & the Enterprise car that they supplied is the Infinity FX35. This will be fun to drive it for a comparison. :cool:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Let us know how the FX was under a new thread. How about that cruise control... I think I has the advance system with sensors to slow the car as traffic slows. I wish the MO had that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts