Nissan Murano Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replacement 2003 Murano Visor

Thanks,
I used the link for the Group1Auto Parts and just ordered a drivers side visor and 2 visor holder clips.
The visor cost 114.11 and the clips costs 1.97 each. No tax, but shipping was 30 to Hawaii.
Our visor has been hanging half way down for about 1 yr now, and the passenger visor will not stay in the clip holder.
Our Murano is really nice, but also really expensive to maintain. Were looking for a replacement SUV just in case this car becomes too much for us to run.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was able to fix my sun visor for my 2006 Murano using just one 6-32 screw and nut. The hole was already there so no drilling necessary and only one bolt is enough. Thanks to people who posted instructions.

I found sun visor from:

SUNVISOR LEFT for 2006 Nissan Murano|96401-CC22B

It says it's for WITHOUT sunroof but mine has sunroof. Does it matter? I can't find a new visor for Murano with sunroof.

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
686 Posts
It looks the same to me but not totally sure, sorry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I decided to take the risk and order it. I will let you know whether this visor works for Muranos with or without sun roof.

Peter

·
Registered
45 Posts
I received both left and right sun visors. They both work perfectly in my Murano with sun roof. So these sun visors should work for Muranos with or without sun visors. Group1 Auto Parts need to update the web site to remove "W/O sun roof" to avoid confusions.

I will not use the new visors until I sell the car in the distant future. I already repaired my old sun visors and they now look ugly but functional. The new visors are for backup.

Peter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. 5 years this thread has gone on of people griping about the problem, and FINALLY on post 178 a new user has the FIRST PHOTOGRAPHS of the actual parts. Thank you, Bird! Now that I know what's in there (without tearing the cover off of mine), I will try to put a bolt and nut through the visor in the appropriate spot and fix it. THANK YOU, BIRD!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The drivers side visor in my 06 has failed. I'm assuming that Nissan probably used the same visors for all of the first generation Muranos, so I highly doubt it was a problem they corrected only on the 07's. However I have an 06 and not and 07 so I don't know for sure!
I have a very late '07 that is bad.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought some velcro pads at wal mart and super glued one part to the visor and one part to the roof. Had to use super glue because the adhesive on the back of the velcro obviously wouldn't hold. Anyway, just a down and dirty fix but it works for now to keep the visor out of my line of sight. And unlike my previous duct tape solution allows me to use the visor almost like normal, ie I can put it down or to the side and actually use it to block the sun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 MO SL with the visor issue starting in early 2014...very disappointed to see that so many others had the same problem - shame on Nissan for not addressing this potential hazard directly. I am happy to see the ingenuity of others that found a work around for the problem. I am looking forward to seeing if I can fix mine as well. Better than spending hundreds of dollars!

On another note - has anyone had an issue with the driver's seat coming loose or wiggling?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
On another note - has anyone had an issue with the driver's seat coming loose or wiggling?
When I joined in 2004 or shortly after, there had been a bunch of posts/threads regarding a rocking driver seat. Don't have time to search now but take a look in the past, it was a major issue for some, me, never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had that problem, not wanting to pay the 700 dollar replacement I toke the seat apart found the broken support angle and welded it. No problems since.

·
Registered
324 Posts
all you need is a double sided Velcro on this hanging visors.
One strip on the inside flap and one side on the ceiling.
When you put it up, the Velcro sticks the hanging visor to the ceiling with the Velcro.
everything fixed like magic....... NOT !

Its just common sense.... for 3 dollars Velcro tape from the dollar store

·
Registered
36 Posts
all you need is a double sided Velcro on this hanging visors.
One strip on the inside flap and one side on the ceiling.
When you put it up, the Velcro sticks the hanging visor to the ceiling with the Velcro.
everything fixed like magic....... NOT !

Its just common sense.... for 3 dollars Velcro tape from the dollar store
I did that for mine and the velcro comes loose. I guess it's this hot Florida weather. I was thinking of supergluing the velcro but I don't know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 06 MO and I've had this problem for a while now. I've just gotten off the phone with my local wrecker and they a sunvisor that fits with my MO and it's only for $95! My suggestion to you guys first is to call your local wreckers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I apologize that i haven't read all 14 pages of this thread, but I thought I'd post my solution to the problem. I bought my 05 with a faulty visor. As soon as I realized it was not an easy/cheap fix, I came up with the bungie cord solution that you see in the pictures. My place of work is west of me, so the sun is at my back on the way in and on the way home. I rarely need my visor which makes this an easy fix for me. I am also an avid sunglass enthusiast. When I absolutely need the visor, I just unhook the "oh ****" handle end of the cord and let it hang from the other end. This way it is pretty easy to hook and unhook. I hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I use a zip tie and keep it closed that way. I have sunglasses in the car. That's the only way I can deal with this horse crap design.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts
About this Discussion
199 Replies
84 Participants
m4gician
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing