Nissan Murano Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My husband found this fix in his StreetRodder Magazine
Thats great for most normal sized visors. But have ya looked at our visors? They're pretty thick and i don't think this might work... at least not as easily as described. But its worth a shot for someone who has a spare.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine has started to go n ow as well, hangs about 2" or so from the roof but will come down eventually i can tell. What the you know what, this is suppose to be an upper end car. I had fewer issues with fords for goodness sakes.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
mine has started to go n ow as well, hangs about 2" or so from the roof but will come down eventually i can tell. What the you know what, this is suppose to be an upper end car. I had fewer issues with fords for goodness sakes.
Just to remind you (again, please don't be offended), you DID buy a 4 1/2 year old car with almost 40K miles already on it and a number of problems since the day you got it. God-only-knows (figuratively speaking, of course) how that poor car was treated by its original owner(s). Many Mo owners haven't experienced any of the problems you are seeing.

That said, the floppy visor issue has been reported by several other members of this forum and certainly should be a non-issue on ANY car regardless of age or mileage - high end or not. Still, I'd be more concerned about the driveability problems and poor fuel mileage you have reported than something simple like a floppy visor (though I admit that would be annoying).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Another groopy visor

2004 murano se, 75k miles. Extended warranty expired at 70k miles. Driver side visor started droopy 2minths ago.
I will file complaint, and call Nissan after.
It feels like a quality or design weakness that has safety implications. Shame on Nissan not coming out to recall the visors.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Faulty design, yes,, Piece of crap, yes. Just had my third drivers side fail, 59K mi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this happening on 06 or 07 models? Most of the posts I've read list previous years and was just wondering if this was something fixed on the 07s?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is this happening on 06 or 07 models? Most of the posts I've read list previous years and was just wondering if this was something fixed on the 07s?
The drivers side visor in my 06 has failed. I'm assuming that Nissan probably used the same visors for all of the first generation Muranos, so I highly doubt it was a problem they corrected only on the 07's. However I have an 06 and not and 07 so I don't know for sure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
just ordered a new visor threw my dealer here in Alberta Canada, the driver side one, and it was 122.00 Cnd. Brand new.
Knew drugs were cheaper in Canada, but sun visors? Maybe you can give us contact info for the dealer, so that those that want to replace can do so at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
visor problem too

I have a 2005 Murano, and have the same problem with my driver's side visor. It is out of warranty. I also got a quote for over $300.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Visor problem

I have exactly the same problem in my 2005 Murano. I just tooked out the 2 bolts an pulled out the visor and save it on my house. Does any technician took a look to see if something can be done in order to avoid this slip on the rod???

·
Registered
138 Posts
I performed the surgery described a few pages back. I opened the visor and found that I couldn't just slip a bolt in as described, due to wiring and I simply wasn't convinced it was a long-term fix. Maybe the person who did that can tell us if it is still working.

As you can see in the pictures the problem, to me, appears to be the little tab gets worn down. I tried tightening the metal sleeve where it contacts the tab and it still fell occaisionally, was a little better, but I think over time it would just go back to falling everytime.

So I opted to instead switch the driver's side with the passenger's side mirrors. We lost use of our vanity mirrors and it may look a little funny, but I just couldn't see shelling out the cash for a new visor. I'm hoping the tab is in better shape in the passenger side since it wouldn't have been used as much.

Here are the pictures of the inside so you don't have to open yours!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am the one that did the fix with the bolt and it its still holding up. In your second picture#32 your finger looks like it is right above where the hole was on mine if you would have removed a little more of the foam. If I recall it is just thin sheet metal wrapped around that the worn off tab should have caught on. If yours does not have a hole you could drill one about where your finger is and put a small bolt in to thighten if reversing them turns out not to work. Good Luck!

Paul

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Paul. I'm glad to hear your fix is still holding! I did cut that back to the hole you describe. I was concerned I may damage the wiring if I passed the bolt in the same tube that contains the wires. I guess even if I were to damage the wires I would only lose the courtesy lights on the mirror. I may have another look in the near future, I only have duct tape doubled over holding the seam closed for now. I'm still looking for a decal to fit there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My passenger visor stays up towards windshield but not normal. It is very annoying what do we do I'm not spending that much money. There has to be a cheap alternative it's just a visor

141 - 160 of 200 Posts
About this Discussion
199 Replies
84 Participants
m4gician
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing