Nissan Murano Forum banner

161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Couldn't you just use a metal hose crimp/clamp and compress it just enough on that tabbed area (without having to cut everything open) to force friction so the tab will catch and hold? Paint it black or gray (or whatever to match your visor) and you're good to go.

Cost = $0.09

One of those heavy-duty "chip clips" might even do the trick.

A paper binder clip might even work. Clamp it and pull off the silver arms.

Cost = $0.15

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keep the problem report going - my 2007 Murano now has the same problem on driver side sun visor. I really start to believe this might be some problem at Nissan product quality, not just simply a batch of bad part....

If this is the kind of support we can expect from Nissan when it is so many people are having this problem, than I will think twice before I invest in another Nissan.

I will be writing a letter to their corporate office.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I did a search on eBay and found a bunch of Murano visors sold in pairs for a bit over $100-200...but there's no way of ensuring that they're going to be any better than the ones they're replacing....unless they come off a newer car, but you have to make sure the screw holes line up for the different year models. You might also go down to a dealership and see if the visors off the Altima or other models fits and check eBay or a recycler. If you have a vehicle recycle row near you, you can check them out....here in Sacramento, we have a huge recycle center for all makes of cars....great place to go for parts like these.

·
Registered
1 Posts
04 Murano

I have a Morano (04) and replaced the drivers visor about 2 months ago $400 and now the other one is down. Now that I see all the problems others are having I don't want to buy another one. This is just a bad product. I'm on my 4th Nissan because I feel they have great quality. I'm going to contact the home office to try to get this fixed. Maybe the quality is not what it once was. I hope this is not my last Nissan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Couldn't you just use a metal hose crimp/clamp and compress it just enough on that tabbed area (without having to cut everything open) to force friction so the tab will catch and hold? Paint it black or gray (or whatever to match your visor) and you're good to go.

Cost = $0.09

One of those heavy-duty "chip clips" might even do the trick.

A paper binder clip might even work. Clamp it and pull off the silver arms.

Cost = $0.15
What are you supposed to clamp it to??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am so disgusted with Nissan. I have started a Facebook Page. Please head over and "like" us and share your stories.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/fixnissansunvisors

Nissan isn't going to change a darn thing if we just complain on the Nissan site. They know nobody else is looking here. Perhaps if we widen the scope of people who see this issue they will do something to fix it. Feel free to head over and "Like" the page and also to leave your thoughts, stories, etc. The people that see the info and the more that people see about it will at least let more people know that there is a problem, it has been known about for several years, and not only will Nissan not fix it, but expects the consumers to spend a ridiculous amount of money (sometimes repeatedly) to replace a part that fails due to their design flaw.

Thanks for any support!
Amy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am currently having the same problem, does anyone know how to take it off. I would take it off now and then when I have the money I can purchase the new one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am currently having the same problem, does anyone know how to take it off. I would take it off now and then when I have the money I can purchase the new one. Thanks in advance.
Pry off the plastic.
Remove the two screws underneath
Press on the wire clip to undue the wires. (Can't recall but might want to tie a string to them in case they can fall down out of reach)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pry off the plastic.
Remove the two screws underneath
Press on the wire clip to undue the wires. (Can't recall but might want to tie a string to them in case they can fall down out of reach)
I hate to seem like an idiot but what do you mean pry off the plastic? From what angle. I just put a small hole in the head line with a flat head screw driver even though I had it wrapped in a paper towel. I just want to remove this thing so I can see the road. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone I figured it out. The way I was trying to take it down before I would have done some damage to the headliner and the clip holding it. No tool is necessary to get the plastic piece to come off. Just sit in the seat take your thumb (right handed) and brace the triangle clip portion facing you then 2 fingers on the same hand on the other end of the triangle that is closest to the windshield and pry it off. It rests on a metal triangle of the visor that is held in by 2 screws. Once you take off the plastic piece take a Phillips screw driver remove the 2 screws and secure them. Then take black tape and wrap the connection. Then take the connection (wiring of the car for the vanity light) and place the clip in a way that it hooks onto the metal opening of where the visor is installed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Algemein: Good description for what turns out to be a rather simple solution to getting the plastic facing off the metal clip underneath. The plastic is nothing more than a cover for the metal support that's held in place by two screws under the plastic cover. Thanks for the great tip. You've undoubtedly saved some headliner rips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Colorado, during the summer months it falls at every bump, crack in the road. No problem during the winter, I filed my complaint today after reading all the posts, mine: 06, Black, FWD, 65000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For what it's worth, my 2005 Sentra had the same problem on the passenger side. Maybe Nissan needs to hire a new guy to design the sun visors. In my case, after finding out what Nissan wanted for a new visor, I found a pair of used ones on eBay for about $40. The replacement has worked fine for about 4 years, and I still have the other one as a spare.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just wanted to update everyone, my parts guy also has a first gen Murano and told me he just sold someone a new visor and that he's noticed its got an updated part number now and is much cheaper than the previous part number. Didn't quite give me an accurate price but I think he said it was around $130 each. Not sure whats updated about it but ill take a close look next time I see one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution for repair the sun visor

In fact I was looking for solution since an hour and I found that a lot facing same problem as mine which is sliding of the sun visor, first I asked someone to check the price of it and I got a shocking quotation with 2,968 UAE Dirham which is 565.55 USD after discount lol that’s a big amount of money for just those little things hang in front our faces and we rarely use it, “excluding women”
I was removing my sun visor since a month first because it keeps on failing and because the noise which came from it while its shaking.
So today after found a lot having same problem I decided to make surgery for the sun visor and I found that inside slip which hold the main axle is loose and cause this problem, I register now on this website to post this issue to benefit others.
So just make small hole and bolt it and it seems perfect, it take half an hour and save money, even am sure no one will pay this amount of money and we all just ignore it but it will keep bothering us and want to solve it, so just use your hands and do it very easy and need simple tools it can be available in any house,
:29:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Bird-

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for an excellent first post! It is good to actually see the loose bracket that is causing all of the problems.

-njjoe

161 - 180 of 200 Posts
About this Discussion
199 Replies
84 Participants
m4gician
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing