Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search on the forums for the procedure for taking off the stickers off the sun visors, but no definite "this works" answer was given through the run of the thread.

I am wondering if anyone has indeed suceeded in taking off the seatbelt and airbag stickers off their sun visors.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
raycie said:
I tried a search on the forums for the procedure for taking off the stickers off the sun visors, but no definite "this works" answer was given through the run of the thread.

I am wondering if anyone has indeed suceeded in taking off the seatbelt and airbag stickers off their sun visors.

Thanks in advance.
raycie-

Not that I know of.

It is a shame that it has become the industry standard to put all that legal crap on the sun visors. Does it really offer any benefits to the driver/owner? I don't see any.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
From day one I have wanted to remove them.
But....oh dear...it looks like it would really mess up the visors to take them off. I have picked at the edge of the label and the glue was dam good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to get rid of them too, I think the only way to get rid of them is to go to a trim shop and have them recovered. I called a trim shop and the guy said that if they are vinyl then he would get some fingernail polish remover or paint thinnner and a q-tip and try it on a very small area and make sure that it not only removed the sticker but didn't melt the vinyl material of the sunvisor itself. If the sunvisor is cloth then "all bets are off" because if the solvent does remove the sticker it may melt the foam that backs the cloth and it would be a huge mess. He also said that depending on how the visor is made he may or may not be able to recover them to a oem or factory look. It is apparently a common thing because he said that he has calls like this all the time and he told me that to recover them would be about a $30.00 job for the pair(both sunvisors for $30.00). He also said that it would not be too hard to get the oem fabric and that it would look acceptable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
paul-

Thanx for the info. $30 seems very reasonable for covering both visors.

-njjoe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for helping me to feel that atleast you all share in my frustration... Just picked up an '06 SL for my wife, but those stupid stickers just stick out!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I removed mine.

A shot of Goo Off a hair dryer to really warm them up and a finger nail and about 30 minutes. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts