Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a cheater pic of our MO. We just got about a foot of snow and I won't be able to get a good pic for a little while and I had been asked to post some pics when I could with the Chromies on it.
Well I found this promo pic that I sent to my family and figured it would be good for here.

It is missing a few things like the sunroof, sunroof wind deflector, and the FM antennae. Otherwise it is a good representation of what ours looks like with the rims.
Looks better with some tire foam(or Armor-all) on the wheels...

We haven't had it 2 days yet and we have had people honk and gave us the thumbs up. Also been followed and asked to look at it and the inside and wondered what it was.
We are the only one in the whole town that has this vehicle, let alone Sunlit copper which is a unique color and demands attention when you see it. We live in a rather big town as well. Its more of a farming and with a lot of low income jobs town so people either drive Ford and Chevy trucks or Pontiac Sunfires, Chevy Cavaliers or other economical vehicles. Just the demograffics of this area.

I came from working in Corporate Sales in Tokyo making $65k a year, with my wife being in the military making $30k, with no bills except phone, cable, and a small CC payment. Vehicles were paid off, and Housing and utilities were paid for by the military.
We were in our early 20's and pretty much were living a dream. I felt lucky as heck to have the job I did, I was the youngest in the whole industy and consequently did extremely well. Winning paid vacations to the Bahamas, Hawaii, Europe, ect. Living a dream pretty much.
Then we moved to N. Dakota and the job market here is a joke. Not that it mattered. At the end of our stay in Tokyo, my back gave out from an old military injury in the Gulf War 1 so now I am on disability making about as much as my wife does as an Officer. (Nuke Missile button pusher)

We love our Murano so much, I almost want to buy another one, so we don't have to wonder who is going to drive it the next day. (We don't have "this car is yours, this is mine, never have. We just drive whatever car and share them both) Until I get my Harley 100th Anniversary Fatboy I think I am going to get this wekk. Spending 50k in one week might be a little crazy. But like our license plate is goign to say - LUVNLIFE.............

Chez

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres our interior.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Hey, it looks like you're driving mine... Well except for the Chrome SL wheels.. I keep looking at mine and thinking about it...:D

The showcar picture also has the SE paint under the front bumper and the chrome roof rack that's missing the support near the back doors, in addition to what you mentioned.

As far as custom plates, every Murano deserves one. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
There's a guy in my neighborhood that is on Freshalloy but not sure he is registerd here. But he has the Sunlit JAAK copper with the chrome SL wheels. It looks great in person.

·
Registered
763 Posts
jaak.....just do it, you know they look great on the copper!!!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Chezman29 said:
Heres our interior.
Actually I would say that the picture is of my interior! :eek: I would recognize that Dentyne Ice anywhere.

But I'm sure that ours are identical! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to know whos it really is. That is what I meant though, that is what ours looks like.
The one in the 1st picture isn't ours either obviously. Too much snow to get any pics right now!

Chez

·
4,601 Posts
Just keep posting pics... I could look at Muranos all day!

As far as the chrome goes, I'm going to find out who's around here that does it. I found one place without trying hard. Then I'll get some quotes...:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
jaak said:
The showcar picture also has the SE paint under the front bumper and the chrome roof rack that's missing the support near the back doors, in addition to what you mentioned.
The paint on the bumper looks identical to my SL. The Leather Package for the SL in the states includes "dark silver colored lower bumper".

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh... That's the difference.... Must be the leather package then.

In Canada the SE has the leather package and the SL has cloth... No choice in the matter. (For '03 anyway...)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic of my MO in my driveway and snow

Here is a pic I just took tonight of my MO in our driveway, on the snow. We don't park it in the dry driveway so our other car can drive out of the dirveway.
I think I am going to switch things around and park the MO in the garage and use an extension cord for the block heater and park it outside.
Too bad the MO doesn't have an open freeze plug on the front of the engine to get one installed. It gets cold as can be here, an dI know the block heater would be better/easier on the engine during cold starts!!!

Chez

BTW- We already lost one of the chrome exhaust tips. It sure does look like crap. Hopefully they will replace it under warranty! If not, I am sure it can't be over $10. Some chrome ones would be nice, alot better than the stainless steel that they come with from the factory.
Maybe I should just do that and go buy two new chrome tips and put them on. It will look a heck of a lotbeter.
Not like I have to go unique with this, as nobody in town even owns one. We have had numerous people comment on how nice it looks as well as a tonnnnnnnnn of honks. It owrries me though sometime, like something is wrong the truck or I did something wrong!!!

Attachments

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Looks great! Gotta get me some chromies.
:7:
Do you have any more pics of the MO with the chromies on it? I'm thinking about just getting 4 of those that way I am sure it works with the TPMS and I can still use the same tires...I'm cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts