Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edmunds had a large number of owner complaints on the 2003 models for a noisy sunroof when it was open. I don't see any such complaints for the 2004. Was the design changed? Can anyone with a 2004 attest to the noise level of the sunroof while open?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The sunroof on my 2004 Murano is MUCH noisier than the sunroof on my Toyota Avalon. We routinely have the Avalon roof open at 70mph on the highway, I wouldn't even consider doing that in the Murano. I don't have the large deflector on either car and really don't want one.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
92 Posts
50% of the wind noise can be eliminated by simply rolling the back windows down just a crack.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you install a sunroof wind deflector and open your roof till the last postion before wide open. YYou will find that the wind noise at any speed is reduced dramatically.

The wind deflector that I had installed on my MO comes from Ziebart and is glued to the roof so that there is no metal clips that may damage the sunroof seal. Ziebart guarantees that it will never come off the roof amd if it does they will replace it and repair any roof damage. Bur they did say that if the paint was the reason for the deflector letting go that it is Nissan problem.

Let the sunshine in

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
dalsox said:
50% of the wind noise can be eliminated by simply rolling the back windows down just a crack.
The Murano is strange in that rolling down just the rear windows creates such a strong vacuum at speed that it feels like your eardrums are going to burst.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didn't think that my '04 is THAT noisy with the sunroof open, even while driving at highway speeds. This may be due to the fact that my other car has t-tops - now that's serious wind noise when they are off.

Seriously, I have no complaints with mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts