Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a VERY bad leak, turns out the one hose that comes down the A pillar passenger side had fallen out of the firewall and was filling the car with water, every time it rained.
Got it all dried out after removing seats, carpet and padding and all back, and fixed that hose!

Now I just checked a parts manual and found out there is a rear drain on sunroof somewhere, but where does it go through the body and exit/???

I can not see it in the B Pillars, but maybe I am wrong.

I Found both in the A pillars obviously, but no luck finding the routhing of this third hose.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
49 Posts
They start at the rear corners of the sunroof, run along the roof to the rear windows, down into the trunk area and drain into the rear wheel well areas. Keep an eye out for the side airbags up in the headliner area. Here's photos from when we reinstalled ours. Hope this helps out.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They start at the rear corners of the sunroof, run along the roof to the rear windows, down into the trunk area and drain into the rear wheel well areas. Keep an eye out for the side airbags up in the headliner area. Here's photos from when we reinstalled ours. Hope this helps out.
YES, that helps a LOT, and thank you!!

One question, are there 2 separate drains, one on each side of the rear, or only one on drivers side, and the passenger side also runs into it?:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Unfortunately there are two separate rear drains, one on each side running separately on both driver side and passenger side... Glad to help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 06 Nissan Murano with the same problem, but I check it when was a rainy day and I see the water coming in from the windshield, the glue is cracked and the water runs from there. Check that could be your problem too.
Now my question is how take out that BAD smell?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have a 06 Nissan Murano with the same problem, but I check it when was a rainy day and I see the water coming in from the windshield, the glue is cracked and the water runs from there. Check that could be your problem too.
Now my question is how take out that BAD smell?
You need to stop the leak first of course, then clean. You can use an ozone device to get rid of the odor:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts