Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 2003 murano se and im having a problem i cannot seem to find anywhere on the internet so i decided to come to the experts.

Was out in the car today and it was a very nice day so i decided to open the sunroof. when it came time to close it the sunroof didnt want to close

it is currently in the open position fully at the back (not vent)

When i try to slide the lever forward the sunroof moves back a little bit and stops.

i have tried the procedure to after a few seconds press and hold the close vent butten and that was unsuccessful.

Please i need to figure out a solution fast as its going to be raining here soon and i need to be able to get around.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If you're looking to trouble shoot this yourself, it looks to me like section RF (roof) of the FSM is what you need. I looked through that section of my 04 FSM (in vol. 3 of 4), and there appear to be 2, 10A fuses (#'s 1 & 18) and a 50A fusible link (located in the fuse and fusible link box adjacent to the battery) that are all related to the sunroof. From looking at the elementary diagram, however, it also appears to me that these fuses and fusible link also feed a number of other electrical devices. So if it is only your roof that has lost power, these fuses/fusible link may not be your problem.

At any rate, section RF of the manual is going to be your best friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has power but when you slide the switch forward the sunroom moves slighlyt then backwards a little bit then stops

do you know where i can get a FSM?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/murano/2003/ - rf.pdf

MEMORY RESET PROCEDURE
1. Please observe the following instructions while confirming the sunroof operation.
NOTE:
Do not disconnect the electronic power while the sunroof is operating or within 5 seconds after the sunroof
stops. (to wipe-out the memory of lid position and operating friction.)
2. Initialization of system should be conducted after the following conditions.
 When the battery is out or connector is disconnected while sunroof is operating or within 5 seconds
after sunroof stops.
 When the sunroof motor is changed.
 When an emergency handle is used.
 When the sunroof does not operate normally. (Incomplete initialization conditions)
INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
If the sunroof does not close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to
normal.
1. Push the TILT UP switch and start the tilt up operation.
2. Release the TILT UP switch once, press the TILT UP switch again. Keep pushing the switch until tilt lid
pops up.
3. The glass lid will move toward tilt up direction and will be stopped mechanically, and then it will be automatically
fully closed. (Keep pushing the switch during this operation)
4. Release the switch again, and push the TILT UP switch within the first 10 seconds. (Keep pushing the
switch)
5. After 4 seconds, the class lid will be automatically operated in sequence of �gslide open�h �¨�gslide
close�h�¨�gtilt up�h�¨�gtilt down�h.
6. After the glass lid stops, release the switch after 0.5 seconds. (Keep pressing the switch during this operation)
7. If PRE-SELECTED switch operates normally, this initialization is done.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
grebstev - is anything blocking the sunroof? Look along the sides; are the two plastic guides moving forward with the sunroof? Is it making any noises as it tries to close? Sometimes the side tabs can get "stuck" in the fully open position and when the roof goes to close, the side plastic pieces jam the roof open. Sometimes pulling on the shade as the motor moves the sunroof to close will help overcome minor jams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope nothing i can see that is jamming it. i looked on all the rails and they are clear.

there is a noise when the sunroof moves back slightly it seems to be the sun shade getting pressure from roof.

everything seems to be find though and nothing touching where it shouldn't be

(obviously im missing something though or it would be closing)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so spent some more time looking and i figured out how to at kleast close it. for future refrence you need to remove the light and switch trim.

put a small allen key in the drive motor (only 1 sport to put it)

slowy turn it counter clockwise while helping the window move forward.

now that i think about it i think my switach maybe lost the refrence point and all i need to do now is initilaze the roof

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wanted to thank Hokey for the reset instructions. My 2003 sunroof got stuck in the rear vent open position. Only running these reset instructions fixed it. God, I love the internet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lost all power to my 2003 Murano, can't jump start it, and no dash or trim lights whatsoever. Naturally, my sunroof was open at the time. I've had it covered, but moisture was getting in.
I found this post and want to thank you! I followed the directions and was able to manually close the sunroof. The only thing I had to do differently was go clockwise with the allan wrench instead of counterclockwise (which was opening it further), but the damn thing is finally closed!!
As far as the electrical issue, I have no idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts