Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Nissan sunroof wind deflector? Is it easy to do? Ventshade also sells one. I think the Nissan unit attaches with clips that could effect the gasket(?), and the Ventshade unit has double back tape. WeatherTech is developing one for the MO and expects to make it available in about a month. Any suggestions?

JeffC

·
Registered
719 Posts
I bought and installed the Nissan one on my 03 Murano with no problems in the last 34k miles. I also regularly drive through one of the automated cloth car washes during the winter to keep the salt and sand at bay with no leakage or any other problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wind Deflector

Bought and installed this shortly after I purchased my 2003 SL. Before the wind deflector, severe wind noise with sunroof open (alot more pronounced than with my Volvo 740 wagon).

With wind deflector, the noise is cut by half or more ... I even open the sunroof sometimes at 80mph on the hiway.

If you don't mind the look ... it's a definitely must have add on.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Sunroof deflector

I bought mine from Ziebart that is glued to the roof, no clips that break the seal of the roof. I have had this for a year with no problems. This deflector is lower in profile than the Nissan one and Ziebart warrenties the deflector for life if it ever breaks loose.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
I bought and installed the Nissan one on my 03 Murano with no problems in the last 34k miles. I also regularly drive through one of the automated cloth car washes during the winter to keep the salt and sand at bay with no leakage or any other problems.
Ditto.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still looking, but I finally installed mine last weekend.

Bought it off eBay for $35 plus $12 s/h. The manufacturer is BeneVento and it's the clip kind.

Installed in 5 minutes! The only problem I had was that the instructions called for the '20' clip to be used, but they were too short to do the job. Luckily, the '95' clips for the Lexus coupe worked perfect.

Still on after one week and top speeds of 80mph... Haven't taken it through the car wash yet...

Lil' Bit

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I just came from Nissan... had them install a Sunroof Wind Deflector. It works great !! i highly recommend it if you don't have one... but do have a sunroof.

Pros: No wind at all comes in from the sunroof. Noise is at a minimum now... where before I couldn't keep it open while driving on the highway at all... way too loud.

Cons: My roof size just shrank... it covers 25% of the roof... and the sunroof doesn't open all the way which is like losing almost another 25%. o well.. still well worth it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
GymKid,
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohio,

I got mine from Nissan too. It cost $83 + tax and I installed it myself. The installation was easy.

I agree with Gymkids' pro and cons. Especially that the already small opening just got smaller, but it is well worth it.

JeffC

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was just going to post mine on EBay. I'd let it go for $60 including shipping. Let me know if you or anyone is interested. I have an 05 which came with one that I didn't want. Sticker for it was $80 and I'm guessing dealer invoice is like $70. I had them throw in free floor mats and a touch up bottle of paint so I couldn't see asking them to buy this back from me. This is the offical nissan deflector. I don't do much freeway driving and prefer the "openness" of the sunroof with out it. It was only installed for one week and was only washed once during that time. I've got the protective tape they install in the corners of the roof lip when you clamp this down, but you might want to get new tape (without all my fingerprints stuck to it). This will be well packed in lots of air cushions and a heavy cardboard box.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was just going to post mine on EBay. I'd let it go for $60 including shipping. Let me know if you or anyone is interested. I have an 05 which came with one that I didn't want. Sticker for it was $80 and I'm guessing dealer invoice is like $70. I had them throw in free floor mats and a touch up bottle of paint so I couldn't see asking them to buy this back from me. This is the offical nissan deflector. I don't do much freeway driving and prefer the "openness" of the sunroof with out it. It was only installed for one week and was only washed once during that time. I've got the protective tape they install in the corners of the roof lip when you clamp this down, but you might want to get new tape (without all my fingerprints stuck to it). This will be well packed in lots of air cushions and a heavy cardboard box.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ohio Murano said:
GymKid,
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?
I'm sorry, I had them throw it in when I bought it last month... but they didn't have it in stock. I just went back for it and install yesterday... so it didn't cost me anything.

I think it is so much nicer driving with the sunroof open and the visor on. It says Nissan on the corner of it, etched in... so I recommend Nissans if you are considering getting one.

rixmo's deal sounds good to me. Rixmo... do you have extra all weather floor mats you want to sell me ? :2:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sure! I've got the K-Mart all weather mats custom cut to fit three different vehicles, slightly used for 5 years, only $1,000 (plus shipping!).:D

Also, I put a photo of the wind deflector in the classified section. It does have the nissan etching, but it doesn't show in the photo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just installed one from Autozone and it is the Ventshade brand. Cost was $30.00 plus an additional $4.00 shipping for 3 to 4 day delivery. No additional delivery charges if you want to wait about a week for it. Works grrrrrrreat! I can now use the sunroof. It uses the 3M double sided tape for installation. I have used this tape before for stuff and it is very, very good. That deflector is not going to blow off.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I just came from Nissan... had them install a Sunroof Wind Deflector. It works great !! i highly recommend it if you don't have one... but do have a sunroof.

Pros: No wind at all comes in from the sunroof. Noise is at a minimum now... where before I couldn't keep it over while driving on the highway at all... way too loud.

Cons: My roof size just shrank... it covers 25% of the roof... and the sunroof doesn't open all the way which is like losing almost another 25%. o well.. still well worth it.
My MO came with one (I ordered it that way) but tonight I just took it off to see the difference (pretty easy to install and remove). Like TheGymKid I didn't like the fact that it made the opening so much smaller.

Well, during a quick test drive, I realized what a difference this makes. Very loud without it. Window seems more open, but the noise is still too much. The stereo can overpower it, of course, but it would mean that I would never be able to have it open with the wife in the car (she's weird that way :rolleyes: ).

So I guess it will be going back on tomorrow.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Free SunRoof Air Deflector

I have an almost New Sun Roof Air Deflector, Free if someone wants to pick it up. It's in perfect shape from what I can tell. Just doesn't fit my needs but I don't want to see it go to waste and don't have time to package it and ship. So If anyone around Phoenix is interested, Just PM me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: Free SunRoof Air Deflector

GripperDon said:
I have an almost New Sun Roof Air Deflector, Free if someone wants to pick it up. It's in perfect shape from what I can tell. Just doesn't fit my needs but I don't want to see it go to waste and don't have time to package it and ship. So If anyone around Phoenix is interested, Just PM me.
Such a nice guy... not trying to make a buck off a fellow Mo owner. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts