Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the release from Nissan concerning options, can someone help with some clarification? Is it true that you cannot get ANY package without getting the sunroof? I for one think this is total crap! I am 6'4" and would love to be the first one to own a Murano. But it is NEVER going to happen if i cannot enjoy other features of the car without suffering first from neck and back pain. (sorry for the rant)
:x :x :x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not quite true, but almost. The SL Premium Package does not require a Sunroof. But all the other packages do. Even the extra options like the DVD navigation or chrome wheels also require a sunroof. This information is based on the following MSRP data (link below).

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021101/laf082_1.html

For comparison:

Murano Front/rear head room: 40.7/ 39.7 inches

Jeep Liberty Front/rear headroom: 40.7 / 42.1 inches

Normally these measurements are without the sunroof. We own a Jeep Liberty Limited, w/Sunroof and it has a lot of headroom that I *think* would be ok for your height. But since the Liberty is listed at exactly the same front headroom dimension as the Murano, it seems like it would be reasonable to find one with a sunroof and try one on for size.

So what am I doing here in the Murano group with a very nice 1yr old Liberty in the garage? That's the wife's car that she loves (it's a Jeep thing - the Liberty is a tank). The Murano's for me in town and the family for travel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Headroom Sunrooff

I'm with you! I don't want or need a sunroof ........ I need the headroom too and I do not feel they are safe. I had a Landrover Discovery roll over a couple of times with my granddaughter in it and one sunroof shattered into a thousand pieces and the other entered the passenger compartment. It's surprizing how heavy they are!!!!! She's still picking glass out of her body after 5 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts