Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my sunvisor clips replaced last year under the TSB and the new ones were great. They had two positions on the clip. The first was a loose setting where the sunvisor hinge just rested on the clip. But if you pressed them in hard, they would snap into the clip and be on there tight. This is in contrast to the original ones that came with the car that held the sunvisors loosely.

Well with the colder weather lately, the rattles have started up again and I traced it to the passenger sunvisor - the clip was loose again. I tried to push it into the "tight" setting but it just won't go. Same thing happened a week later for the drivers side, which strangely I remember the week before being significantly more sturdy holding the sunvisor in place than the passenger clip. But now with both clips loose, I tried to push them hard into the second setting again with no luck. Finally, after enduring another week of the rattles, I got mad and gave it one last good shove to try to engage the firm clips, and *SNAP* the drivers sunvisor clip broke. :3:

Did I mention I almost never use my sunvisors? I have a radar detector mounted next to the rear view mirror so I can't even flip down the drivers sunvisor. And I sit rather tall so when my passengers use the passenger side visor, it blocks my view of the road to the right side, and I often tell them to flip it back up.

I guess I'm going into the dealer again to get them replaced with another set of clips that will fail again in a year.

:(

·
4,601 Posts
That sucks... I guess I should count myself lucky that I still have the original ones.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I guess I'm lucky.... not only do I use the visors but I pull them in and out of the holder daily to position them on my sun screen to hold it in place. I've never had one break after 2 years of daily spring/summer/fall use.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i had mine replaced at 1,000 mi... try to use it carefully since but think Nissan did a really lousy job there.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts