Nissan Murano Forum banner

Super charger

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  GripperDon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
My opinions are:
1. Looks like a new application of a heater "Blower". What a design!
2. A more meaningful specification for an engine blower is not just CFM but CFM at what back pressure/ like 5 psig. of boost the power require for that as compared to .25 psig is significant.
3.I think since they are stressing that it's a WOT device that they have a switch to turn it on only when you press the accelerator fully. At this point they can turn on the electric motor fully without need for anything but a switch and it blows all it can.
4. I would be very surprised if the actual boost you would get would amount to very much. Producing a 10% increase at WOT is about what you might expect with a air filter change.
5. At less than WOT it is probably a significant drag in the air stream and reduces part throtle performance.

I think that the name of the company says a lot about the product and what to expect.

#7 ·
I have done one better:
1. Installed Nismo double-charger. Results - 400HP output, 450 lb-ft torque
2. to handle the additional torque I have installed second CVT.
3. CVT-1 drives front wheels and CVT-2 drive rear wheels.
4. Computer controls 50/50 torque distribution FW/RW
5. Each set of wheels has LSD

Just yesterday I have blown away a new Vette….you should see the look on the face of the driver!!!!!!!:D

Sadly, after that I woke up………
:banghead:

#9 ·
I would never trust a report from people who can't spell Maneuverable.;)

Wouldn't that thing be a blast!

And with the variable cylinders, you can probably get good economy too.
I could see maybe 5 MPG if you could keep your foot out of it.:rolleyes:

Who said Jeep didn't have a sense of humour?

Homer

:1:

#10 ·
I have an idea that the Mo engine inhales way more than 250 CFM at 5000 rpm. Maybe one of those backpack leaf blowers would be better?
:21:
But, having said that.....I read an interesting article once talking about the differance between roots style blowers and screw types. Typical 8-71 roots blowers on 500+ cubic inch hemi engines produced 0 psi measured at the intake plenum, at the top end of the 1/4 mile, (!) while screw types were producing about 5 psi. Hence the reason why everyone went screw type.
Notice anything missing? No CFM numbers. I can only imagine the monsterous amount of CFM the blower was putting out...
As Don said, it is the Static Pressure, not the CFM.

#11 ·
Sorry guys, but I “respectfully disagree”. It is the CFM that counts. In the end you need more air volume in the cylinder, hence the CFM. Having said that, the only way to accomplish it is to increase the differential pressure between the space inside the cylinder and the plenum.

The blower needs to deliver required flow at a given psi………..plain simple….

#12 ·
Kris, I think you missed the point I was trying to make. If you want to sell a blower you list the static pressure @ a CFM @ an RPM.
Sure, if this little hair dryer put out 2000 cfm, it might just work.
Hell, the fan on the side of my tower puts out 110 CFM...and the static pressure is rediculously low, I doubt if it would even benifit my lawn mower.
CFM HAS to be high if there is static pressure in the plenum, that is a given.

#13 ·
mgthe3 said:
Kris, I think you missed the point I was trying to make. If you want to sell a blower you list the static pressure @ a CFM @ an RPM.
Sure, if this little hair dryer put out 2000 cfm, it might just work.
Hell, the fan on the side of my tower puts out 110 CFM...and the static pressure is rediculously low, I doubt if it would even benifit my lawn mower.
CFM HAS to be high if there is static pressure in the plenum, that is a given.
That was my point, pressure forces CFM.......I agree with you. Just wanted to make sure that we understand it all..........

#14 ·
I think my post and mgthe3 did that. :rolleyes:

#16 ·
I saw one fall off of a truck going across the Brooklyn Bridge driven by the guy that owns the bridge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.