Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA is in my neck of the woods. I thought it would be a good idea to purchase from a local dealer.

They gave me a good price and I told them I'd be back when I was ready to purchase. They even gave me the price in writing!

Two weeks later, the Murano I wanted was still on the lot so I went in to buy it. We got to the point where they had brought the vehicle around to prep it and we started the paperwork.

All of a sudden, they announced that the price I had worked out for them was no longer valid. Quote: "You had your chance to buy it last time you were here. Now the price has gone up."

Needless to say, I walked. I ended up at Power Nissan in Irvine, CA. and was treated like a king.

I can only attribute the treatment I received to one of two things:

1. I brought in my own financing (although Power was able to offer me a better rate through Nissan).

2. Superior Nissan are a bunch of a**holes. If this is how they treat you before the sale, imagine what it would be like after!

Doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will have to agree with Doug on this one. I live in RSM and back in Feb. 03 I went to this dealership to test drive the Pathfinder. We ended up not liking it too much but as we were walking out we saw a Murano on the floor. We liked the way it looked, we test drove and decided to get it on the spot. But the entire sale process at this dealership was just HORRIBLE! I think that we went through every single sales tactic that was ever conceived. I know that we should have walked out but we were so enamored with the Murano that we stuck on. We ended up getting the Murano but we left the dealership with a bitter taste.

A couple of months later I was on the market for a 03 Maxima and decided to stop by to see their stock. I managed to get to see the fleet/internet manager but he was so rude that I just walked out! I decided to never patronize that dealership again even though it is 5 minutes away from home.

I ended up buying the Maxima at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. After talking price with the internet manager we went, test drove it and signed the paperwork. We were out of there in 40 minutes and got a great price!

On the other hand, I have been to their (RSM) service department twice and I have no negatives to report. The service manager has been courteous and helpful and the service was completed as promised.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts