Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found another dealer that has the SAT reciever and antenna for less money than Grubbs. Also a benefit for me is that they are a local Nissan dealer and so far have been very responsive to emails. I had to bring them up to speed on the 03 situation as I initial got the standard answer "You can not install SAT on an 03 even though it has the SAT button because its not prewired". At least he got the second half right.

Current prices are:

Reciever 999U9-NV003 $272
Low profile antenna 999U9-VQ006 $49.40

Grubbs wanted $285 for the reciever and $69 for the antenna last time I called them.

The dealer: Marlboro Nissan

·
4,664 Posts
And Grubbs has made a lot of money doing it. I'm sure they would like to do that!

Good find!!!:)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now hopefully if my $40 harness works then I'll be sitting happy.

·
4,664 Posts
That's the USA-SPEC harness, right? Yeah, it will work. It was the first one that did! I'm still using mine...:)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to hear that Jaak.... I think you had a list with various part numbers on your web site????? If you maybe you could add this to your site. IF not then I don't recall who had the site with the list I was looking at.

Now I must decide... XM or Sirius.... Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
2003 Wiring Harness

Okay, I just got off the phone with Jaime at Marlboro Nissan. I learned a couple of things. Nissan now makes an inside windshield mount antenna 999U9-VR000 and sells for $62.90. Has anyone here installed this type of antenna?

Also, since I have an '03 I need to purchase the wiring harness. I also found out from Jaime that Nissan has discontinued part B8377-5Y700 which is the Infiniti harness. Luckily Jaime told me that an Infiniti dealership here locally had one left. The only thing is that it is $15 more, but I've gotta get it if I want SAT radio. I'll take the drive to Miami tomorrow to pick it up.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not seen it but I believe that someone said the windshield antenna is pretty lame.

I plan on getting the low profile atenna and just mount it inside the hatch. Others have done it with good results.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Where abouts in Mass (the dealer)? As I am in CT.

Thanks

Gonzo said:
I just found another dealer that has the SAT reciever and antenna for less money than Grubbs. Also a benefit for me is that they are a local Nissan dealer and so far have been very responsive to emails. I had to bring them up to speed on the 03 situation as I initial got the standard answer "You can not install SAT on an 03 even though it has the SAT button because its not prewired". At least he got the second half right.

Current prices are:

Reciever 999U9-NV003 $272
Low profile antenna 999U9-VQ006 $49.40

Grubbs wanted $285 for the reciever and $69 for the antenna last time I called them.

The dealer: Marlboro Nissan

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Gonz, an antenna that is lame in Mass, might work just fine in FL.
But, since you live in Mass, I would go with the best avail. We know the low profile works well up there.

Would like to see somebody do the window ant tho. Preferably here in FL (better angle on the Sat)

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
The only windows I'd put it on would be the windshield or the back, as the roof would interfere with it everywhere else.

But why even bother? The harness is in the back, stick a normal one inside the back door and don't even have it visible. It's just like having a double radome... (the plastic part that covers the actual antenna)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Supplier for SAT receiver and antenna

dmako said:
Where abouts in Mass (the dealer)? As I am in CT.

Thanks

In Marlboro, MASS. Directions

I don't recall how had the antenna was lame but I don't recall that it was specificially someone from MA just that someone said it was lame.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Supplier for SAT receiver and antenna

Wow! I'm in Marlborough CT!

Thanks

Gonzo said:

In Marlboro, MASS. Directions

I don't recall how had the antenna was lame but I don't recall that it was specificially someone from MA just that someone said it was lame.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Somethings are just meant to be.

I will be ordering my receiver and antenna today. I don't know if the splitter comes with it but I'll ask as I would like to have it all connected.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wiring Harness for '03

Well, I just got an interesting e-mail today...last night I ordered the wiring harness from Grubbs since it was cheaper than the one I had located here locally. The e-mail said that they could not fill my order for the harness only unless I had already purchased the tuner from them. This morning I placed my order for the tuner/antenna from Marlboro Nissan, so it looks like I'll be taking an hour drive to pick up the harness here this weekend.

Bummer
:mad:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think Grubbs' requirement for the wiring harness is needed for survival. Think about it: all those '03s without a wiring harness. Plus the Nissan dealers flat out refuse to get you a harness (NA's take is, if the MO didn't come wired, you do without SAt. Unless you trade up, of course.). In fact, the parts guy I talked to sez they have been "dissuaded" from ordering the harness all by itself (as if they could). Infiniti dealers' parts departmets are also feeling the pinch.

And Grubbs' reputation has made them the preferred vendor for these parts. They have to get their parts from somewhere. And I would imagine the manufacturer (NA/IA), knowing about the deal with the '03 MOs, requires them to order equal numbers of receivers and harnesses.

I doubt if anybody could stand to eat the cost of a few hundred receivers just so they could make a few hundred harnesses available to their customers.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow I gues I got lucky and got my harness of Ebay for $40 + S/H. I hope it works.

·
4,664 Posts
There's other sources for harnesses as well... It's all there in existing threads!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jaak,

Jaime at Marlboro Nissan searched all Nissan/Infiniti dealerships throughout the US, and said there weren't many available, and that the part has been discontinued by Nissan. So I'm not so sure about availability.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm reviviing this thread...

I'm looking to get Sirus radio on my '05. Did I read correctly and the parts I need to purchase are...

Only from Nissan because they have to be OEM to fully work.
Receiver 999u9-nv003
Low profile antenna 999u9-vq006

1 - 20 of 23 Posts