Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting here in Central Florida for the first Murano to show up. In the mean time, I stopped in to the local Toyota dealer this weekend and wound up driving the new 4Runner.

After waiting in anticipation for the latest version of this vehicle, I was very dissapointed in its appearance when it showed up in October. The basic styling seemed dated at first glance and the cladding!! My god it is ugly.

But since I am planning on spending >$30K for "Something" I felt I should at least take a look at it. After all the previous 4Runner is one of the highest resale vehicles out there. Also, Toyota makes good vehicles and what else is there to do while waiting to see what the Murano is really made of? I have already driven the MDX (very nice but too much $$$), the Pilot and the Pathfinder.

Well, I was very surprized by the super quiet ride of the 4Runner. It was amazing. It also has "fly by wire" technology on the accelerator. But for a truck based chassis (A real SUV), it handled very nicely with a short turning radius and good pick up. The V8 is the only engine available until February.

So just a suggestion to those looking, the 4Runner Limited is in the same price range as Murano and it is worth a drive.

Later

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy!

I had an MDX 03 with the whole works over the weekend, tough act to put down- also I played with the New $ runner, a limited is going for 40k fully loaded if you whine real loud you may be able to get 1500.00 off-\

It is a very elegant veh and the inside is exquisite!-

-Larry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts