Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my MO for 3 1/2 months and I have not received a survey. When are you supposed to receive it. For that matter I still do not have a title either. Maybe they are connected?

For anyone who read my No Certificate of Origin post I received word from my dealer that another MO owner (leased) has my certificate of Origin and Nissan Credit refuses to send it back unless the other owner signs a new lease contract with their correct Certificate of Origin. Only then can I get my Title. The other owner had to bring her title in and sign a new contract. Supposedly Nissan Credit is now sending me a copy of my Certificate of Origin. Me thinks that Nissan and Nissan Credit needs to get their act together and their heads out of their [email protected]#es

Randy

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree!

Nissan in general has a lot of head-up-assitis. It's a chronic disease that is hard to cure, even with a pry bar.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I am not sure what a certificate of origin is, but in California where I purchased my Murano, you do not get the title unless you own the vehicle outright. If you purchased it through financing, a lean it taken out against your vehicle and the financing company holds the title. If you purchased the car used from a private owner who owned the car, you should have received the title (aka pink slip) when you took possession of the car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric,
In Indiana as in other states (I assume)the title is sent to the purchaser who then takes the title to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The Bureau then gives you your license plate and forwards the title to the bank that holds the lein. But, without the Certificate of Origin a title cannot be issued by the dealer or the state. If I am correct the Certificate of Origin Comes from Nissan and is the paper that allows for importation into the country. (I may be wrong about this) I am not sure if it is just for imports or if domestic auto manufacturers have the same Certificate.
I am just PO'ed that it has taken several months to plate my MO.
Until I get the title neither I nor the bank actually owns the vehicle. Which means if it is crashed then the possibility for legal action is very high. For that reason I am PO'ed because legal battles take lot's of cash.
Randy

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ivnurse said:
Eric,
In Indiana as in other states (I assume)the title is sent to the purchaser who then takes the title to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The Bureau then gives you your license plate and forwards the title to the bank that holds the lein. But, without the Certificate of Origin a title cannot be issued by the dealer or the state. If I am correct the Certificate of Origin Comes from Nissan and is the paper that allows for importation into the country. (I may be wrong about this) I am not sure if it is just for imports or if domestic auto manufacturers have the same Certificate.
I am just PO'ed that it has taken several months to plate my MO.
Until I get the title neither I nor the bank actually owns the vehicle. Which means if it is crashed then the possibility for legal action is very high. For that reason I am PO'ed because legal battles take lot's of cash.
Randy
If it makes you feel any better, I purchased my Murano in June 03 and I still don't have plates yet. Hmmm its been over 5 months! This is due to the California DMV screwing up my address and me moving to Illinois for school, and the DMV doesn't seem to know how to change my address to the correct one. No wonder Arnold is now the governor of Cali.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ivnurse said:
Eric,
That does make me feel better!:2:
To date, I have also received 4 parking tickets for no license plates. In California, there are no temp plates, just a sticker in the passenger side windshield with a number on it. The meter maids never see it, and I get a citation. It has become routine now I send a copy of my CA registration in with the ticket explaining the problem. A few weeks ago, I gave up on California. I registered my car in Illinois, and my plates for Illinois should be here in a few weeks. Now I have this ridiculous cardboard plate which after a weeks worth of snow, is horribly dirty and mangled. Oh well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric,
I too had the same problem but I was pulled over by the same guy for two months due to the paper plate. It also looked very bad after washing and rain. I got wise and made the dealer give me one their new dealer hard plates from one of their salesman and that seems to have taken care of being pulled over by 5-0.
Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts