Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Anyone had to replace one of these and how easy to get the part ?
Do you mean for an air suspension? I don't believe the Nissan Murano came equipped with those from the factory, at least not here in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Does anyone know what the above silver bar in photo is called?
It may help if you provided the year of your Nissan Murano and where specifically that part is located (...and additional pics, if available).

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It's a 2009 it's part of the rear suspension unfortunately don't have any other pics
Is your car AWD or FWD? My car does not have that part and I can't find anything like it in diagrams of the rear suspension in the service manual and North American parts suppliers--I'm wondering if it's something specific to the Asian market. Did your mechanic say exactly what that sensor is supposed to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou for your help with this the car is AWD ,I'm from UK and the car went through its annual MOT test today and failed. There is some confusion as to what the part is actually called . Looking at some sights I thought it might be a lateral control rod which is only for AWD cars .but not sure. The Murano is quite an unusual car in the UK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've finally managed to find out the part is the rear suspension height level sensor any idea where I might find one apart from main dealer who are quoting £ 1400

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I've finally managed to find out the part is the rear suspension height level sensor any idea where I might find one apart from main dealer who are quoting £ 1400
I did a US Google search for that term. It doesn't appear to be something that should cost £ 1400...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Just an example of a google search, may not be the precise spec for your car, but they are available and at a lot less than you were quoted (unless that also included fitting and any calibration, etc.)
My search was for, murano z51 height level sensor, (yours may be a z50) and I got this...
and looked at this link...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts