Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is involved with swapping out XM with Sirius? I've purchased a new SL that has XM. I'm a Sirius fan. Is it as easy as swapping out the boxes? Can I use the XM antenna with the Sirius box?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What do you want for your XM, I currently using a aftermarket and would like to upgrade.

Ken D.

Call me 510-541-6947

·
4,601 Posts
Ideally you should swap the antenna too, as they're different frequency ranges. However you could try it anyway and if it seems to work OK for your area, then just use it and keep the Sirius antenna around in case...

You could hide the Sirius antenna in the rear door, as many have done, and have both available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jaak said:
Ideally you should swap the antenna too, as they're different frequency ranges. However you could try it anyway and if it seems to work OK for your area, then just use it and keep the Sirius antenna around in case...

You could hide the Sirius antenna in the rear door, as many have done, and have both available.
Thanks. I'll try the XM antenna first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kdesvern said:
What do you want for your XM, I currently using a aftermarket and would like to upgrade.

Ken D.

Call me 510-541-6947
I haven't purchased the Sirius unit yet. What do you feel is a fair price for an unused XM unit? It would just be the unit and not the antenna if the antenna works for Sirius.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The antenna for XM is different than the one for Sirius. I just swapped my recievers as well. I will be selling my OEM XM reciever.

Mine has exhibited the "LOADING" issue but is under warranty. I think I will see if I can get it replaced under warranty and then sell the replacement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jtemail said:
The antenna for XM is different than the one for Sirius. I just swapped my recievers as well. I will be selling my OEM XM reciever.

Mine has exhibited the "LOADING" issue but is under warranty. I think I will see if I can get it replaced under warranty and then sell the replacement.
Bummer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Waiting for a call, I want your old unit.

Ken D.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kdesvern said:
Waiting for a call, I want your old unit.

Ken D.
Haven't ordered mine yet. Wife put the kabash on it. Give me another week to love her up a bit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very Well Put!!!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
beaum said:

Haven't ordered mine yet. Wife put the kabash on it. Give me another week to love her up a bit.
"Very Well Put!!!"

Unless his wife reads this board.
If she does, he is doomed.
DOOMED! I say!

Homer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts