Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I was informed that the left front sway bar end link was questionable. Now I get a clunking/rattling seeming to come from the front left going over sharp bumps or washboarded roads. I'm guessing it's time to replace it.

I was thinking I'd do the bushings at the same time. I'm wondering if there's anything I should be aware of when I replace them. Theoretically, it should be four bolts holding the two brackets on. Are they easily accessible, or are there any that are difficult to get to? Or is this one of those where the subframe has to be lowered to get to them?

The only time I've replaced them was on a 2006 Acura MDX. Three bolts came right out. The fourth one had so little space to get to it that it was about two hours to get it out and back in again.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
287 Posts
A while back, I was informed that the left front sway bar end link was questionable. Now I get a clunking/rattling seeming to come from the front left going over sharp bumps or washboarded roads. I'm guessing it's time to replace it.

I was thinking I'd do the bushings at the same time. I'm wondering if there's anything I should be aware of when I replace them. Theoretically, it should be four bolts holding the two brackets on. Are they easily accessible, or are there any that are difficult to get to? Or is this one of those where the subframe has to be lowered to get to them?

The only time I've replaced them was on a 2006 Acura MDX. Three bolts came right out. The fourth one had so little space to get to it that it was about two hours to get it out and back in again.

Thanks all!
The rear bolts might be a bit of a pain, but if you have a flex-head ratchet and some swivel extensions (maybe a deep offset wrench?) etc. then it shouldn't be too bad--definitely shouldn't need to drop the subframe. Corrosion could complicate things.

Anyway, take a look for yourself as you can easily see the setup by just looking between the wheel spokes with a flashlight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to take a closer look. It's clunking pretty good now, and I can get a noise when I rock the vehicle back and forth. Time to order parts, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ophidia
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing