Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Why would you want to put them on the Murano? It already comes with what Nissan calls "high stiffness (aka solid) stabilizer bars."

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
On this topic, on previous (non Nissan) vehicles, I always replaced the rubber anti roll bar bushings with polyurethane. Gave a much better controlled ride. When I checked the body roll on the MO, there was none!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Oh I find the Murano rolls plenty, but then I did drive a sportier car before. Best bet for the Murano to improve handling is to wait until there are a set of aftermarket struts available such as KYB AGX's. Coupled with H&R or Eibach springs, it should definitely give the Murano an edge over the X5.

As for antiroll bars, it is possible there might be replacement bars, but it will take a few years.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric L. said:
Why would you want to put them on the Murano? It already comes with what Nissan calls "high stiffness (aka solid) stabilizer bars."
because if the altima bars fits the murano then the aftermarket ones should fit as well. Feel me?

so back to my question.....Do they fit?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
b0xdesigns said:

because if the altima bars fits the murano then the aftermarket ones should fit as well. Feel me?

so back to my question.....Do they fit?

aha! I would like to know that too. Keep in mind the Murano's stock bars are stiffer than the Altima's bars. So an aftermarket bar for the Altima may not be stiffer than the Murano stockers.

But its still worth checking out! Teh Murano is wider than the Altima, so I am guessing no.

·
Registered
781 Posts
What about the front strut stabilizer bar thingies :) They attach to the strut mounts on top. I don't know what that'd do to the handling as you'd only be doing the front - more understeer???

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I had a 73 caprice once with a 454 init that was a small town sherif's car. It was a boat, I called her the lead sled. I got a front sway bar from (get this) a Ford LTD police interceptor and stuck it on there. After I put some rear tires on it that wouldn't fry at the slightest touch of the throttle, you should have seen vette owner's faces as I went around them in curves in friendly displays of power.

But somehow I don't think I could just throw another car's stuff on my Mo.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
What about the front strut stabilizer bar thingies :) They attach to the strut mounts on top. I don't know what that'd do to the handling as you'd only be doing the front - more understeer???
The Murano's strut towers are located behind a large metal frame structure that already spans the engine bay. There would not be room for a strut bar, and I think the metal frame bar makes up for that.

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
the part that links the tops of the strut towers is called a strut tower brace.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A strut tower brace tightens up the handling of the front suspension, particularly on a FWD vehicle. Primarily reduces body roll when cornering.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:

In theory it might increase understeer, but it actually does not from what I have experienced in many cars with aftermarket strut bars. What you feel is increased steering response and better tracking through corners due to the "stiffening" of the car's overall structure. Adding a strut bar can reduce body flex significantly, and this is how many manufacturers claim outrageous numbers for new models when they quote a 200% increase in torsional rigidity (making it seem like their previous model was made from linguini).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts