Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone is doin for there significant other for Sweetest Day.

I was going to make a card on the computer, get her some roses, then take her out to eat at her favorite restaurant.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I thought the same thing....I don't know what I would do without Google:

http://www.creativechocolates.com/sweetestday.html

Sweetest Day
Is always the third Saturday in October.
This holiday is much more important in some regions than in others (Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo being the biggest Sweetest Day cities). It is a holiday that is gaining in popularity every year throughout the country.

How It Started
Over 60 years ago, a Cleveland man, believing that the city's orphans and shut-ins too often felt forgotten and neglected, conceived the idea of showing them that they were remembered. He did this through the distribution of small gifts. With the help of his friends and neighbors, he distributed these small remembrances on a Saturday in October. During the years that followed, other Clevelanders began to participate in the celebration ceremony, which came to be called "Sweetest Day". In time, the Sweetest Day idea of spreading cheer to the underprivileged was broadened to include everyone, and became an occasion for remembering others with a kind act or a small remembrance. And soon the idea spread to other cities all over the country.

What It Is
Sweetest Day is celebrated on the third Saturday in October as a day to make someone happy. It is an occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged, and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed.

Sweetest Day is not based on any single group's religious sentiment or on a family relationship. It is a reminder that a thoughtful word or deed enriches life and gives it meaning.

Because for many people remembering takes the form of gift-giving, Sweetest Day offers us the opportunity to show others that we care, in a tangible way.
---------
BTW, I'm doing nothing...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Thanks...didn't know....
Well, I guess now I have a reason to think of something special to do this Saturday for my family....but what??

·
Registered
522 Posts
Why take them on a road trip in your Murano of course, what could be sweeter? :D

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
LOL... mightyMo

Why take them on a road trip in your Murano of course, what could be sweeter?
Or let them drive the murano for the day. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
MightyMo said:
Why take them on a road trip in your Murano of course, what could be sweeter? :D
QUOTE]Originally posted by SugarRushMurano
Or let them drive the murano for the day. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

Really! That should mean a lot to them, knowing how I feel about my MO!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Don't get carried away!
My wife lets me drive HER Murano (we only have one car if you don't count the '69 Renault 16) on occasion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I guess I am the lucky that gets to spend extra money this weekend :1pat:

I guess I thought everyone knew about sweetest day. It is weird that this holiday is only really known in certain parts of country.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I almost thought this was just another name for Holloween. Another attempt for making profits from selling candy?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
ekaxel said:
...My wife lets me drive HER Murano (we only have one car if you don't count the '69 Renault 16) on occasion.
But that should be okay. You pay her back by doing all the work you have done on that Murano.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts