Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a forum search and didn't find much.

Looking at Jaak's pages regarding the radio connections, it looks like if I pull the radio out, I can tap into both switched 12V and a radio ground right from the back of the radio.

I'm trying to supply power to an IceLink so I also need to tap unswitched 12v. Does anybody know if there's an unswitched 12v line back there? If not, where's the closest location for constant 12v power?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I got mine by the fuse box.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Fusebox

Got my live lead off the fuse box as well. There are "taps" sold at places like Pep Boys that allow you to plug in a wire to run off a spot on the fuse box. The plug goes where the original fuse was and the original fuse sits in a slot on the plug so you don't lose the original fuse's protection. You can then wire from there. The lid of the fuse box on the Murano has a diagram identifying the function of each slot as well as whether its tied to the battery (always hot) or the ignition (hot only when the car is turned on).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled out the multimeter this afternoon. Since I have the PAC unit installed I thought I'd check there first. I got these results from the power plug on the PAC:

Red = switched 12v
Yellow = constant 12v
Black = ground

Everything was there nice and neat so I wired up the IceLink. As good as the audio is coming out of the headphone jack, it's even better, to my tin ear, coming through the docking port of the IceLink.

I know the iTrip is a lot less expensive, but I really didn't like the sound quality. This was a good solution for me, others may quibble.

The ProClip should be here tomorrow so I can finish. Yeehaw.

·
5,100 Posts
What is a PRO CLip?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ProClip makes clips to hold lots and lots of things securely in lots and lots of cars:

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
A similar question about Switched/Unswitched power......

Is anyone aware of a parts option to change the accessory power outlet(s) from switched to unswitched?

I have a Garmin StreetPilot III that I will be using, and would like to have the front power outlet constant. I use the cigar lighter power cord, as it has the speaker built-in for the voice prompts. Since the Garmin also gives the option for portable operation and trip planning, it automatically reverts to internal batteries when the ignition switch is off. If I forget to turn it off, the batteries don't last long, and it has to re-aquire every time I start the car.

I know that some early Chrysler products offered a "bypass shunt" to replace the relay underhood for the power connectors.

Ideally, I guess I could gut a relay, install an internal fuse and make it operate direct....

·
5,100 Posts
Maybe a switch operated SPDT relay would be better so that you could have a selectable choice. Need to be careful about running the battery down. However the auto power off battery saver may take care of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts