Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to put the Silverstars in my MO. They use the 9007 bulb.
No the problem is the Sylvania's are rated a higher wattage then what the owners manuel says to use.
Its only about 10 watts higher, But I dont want melted wires or a crispy lens cover.
Thoughts on this issue.
Thanks Jim

·
4,664 Posts
I've had them for about a year now, with no problems...:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
10 watts is no problem. However, the silverstars are overdriven bulbs, they will burn out quicker than normal bulbs. Even the sylvania website states this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought the driving lights used the 9006 ST ? I know the 04 does. :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The halogen headlights (for HID-less Muranos) use the 9007. The foglights on all Muranos use 9006 bulbs. I wish they were driving lights, which are used more as auxilary high beams, but nope, they are low aiming nearly useless foglights (the HIDs are already bright enough even in fog).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas, I think I will put them in this week.
:4:

·
4,664 Posts
They don't make a significant difference, but they look a little bluer. Good when you have HID envy.:p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yah, I had them for about two months...they are not too bright as I expected, now I'm using something very close to Xenon bulbs from ebay.

You can go to Sylvannia web site for headlamp specs.
I think it was 9004 for the fog light and 9007 (lo/hi) for the headlight. Yes, you need two sets.

Becareful not to get headlight other than 9007 else you lose the highbeam. And DONT go high watt bulbs where they will burn out your wiring kits. Repair work will cost you about couple hundred dollars!

Still if you want real thing, you need to get Xenon set with wiring kits from the dealer or after market...Big Bucks!

Meow~

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have HID's... I put the 9006 Sylvania's Silver Stars in the driving lights. Is there anyting brighter ?

BC

·
4,664 Posts
Yup, nothin' better than HID's....

Too bad mine's a lease. Next one will have'm. 'Cause I like the bright lights.... They're pretty and they work great! (Said like Homer Simpson looking at pink donuts...) OOOoooo HIDs.... Halogens? DOH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts