Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '05 Murano SL and my beep for locking and unlocking stopped working. So I checked the menu option for that setting and I couldn't highlight it or check or uncheck any of the Horn, or beep when locked or unlocked options.

I reset to default settings, and it still doesn't allow me to change those settings, is that normal?

Have any of you had this experience, or is this something only I would notice because i'm so OCD?

I'm calling tomorrow to make a service check up for my Mo, hopefully it's just a software glitch and an upgrade can fix it right up.

Richard

p.s. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Don't you just love modern cars, pretty soon, it will be that someone will start offering classes in "Operating your Car"

Seems that things could be close to getting out of hand. I want voice command for everything in the car. AND I mean everything. So we can just say Voice Command "turn on beep notification for lock and unlock"

I do miss the wonderfully voice input of the VCommand Nav system I had on my 04, Particularly "Louie" the Blackjack dealer. He was a card. (oh a Pun, how good) :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can do that part, but thats not how I had it set before it went wrong.

From the Vehicle Electronic Systems menu, I was able to turn off the horn and keep the beeps. I didn't have to use the fob to change the options, I used the system's menu.

Please help.

Richard

·
5,100 Posts
Mine beeps and doesn't honk. So it must be possible. I am completely out of time but will try and look at it this weekend if you are not resolved before that. :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
With my 03 I set my to flash when locked and no sound or lights when unlocked. I did that through the FOB as I can't set it throught the screen.

What beep are you referring to? I thought there was only a honk and flashing lights on all Muranos.

·
5,100 Posts
Beep's are an intelligent key, 05 thing. Note first two posts.

·
5,100 Posts
GONZO

Good name for it I-Key in my case it I-Keep losing it. :)

·
5,100 Posts
I do, my problem is that the dealer removed the inserted key that is in the I-Key and lost it. Is still on "Back Order" after these 7 weeks, and that insert is where the key ring loop is. I think I'll have to personally visit them and do something about it, this week.

\Oh and by the way the other key? Well the Grippee latched onto that immediately, as it had the loop and quote "Yours doesn't".

Good thing you don't actually need a key to, Go in the MO, or I would be out of luck. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took my MO to the dealer to fix my beep no horn issue.

They said it's one of those unwritten deals. I must have activated the fob by accident and disabled the sounds.

The tech said I can only use one or the other, the fob or the menu to set the options. He was really clear about how to correct it if it happens again. He said reset the fob, and when I asked how, he said press the buttons for 2 secs like I did to activate it. How that will fix the problem after it didn't work before, I have no idea.

I'll just end up taking it back agian.

Richard

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just read this post to my wife in the other room. After waiting a second for her to take it in, I said, "Some other guy has the same problem I do." She thought I wrote the post, the problems are identical. I even reset everything to default just like the OP, also to no avail.

So I pushed the lock and the unlock for 2 seconds until the car beeped and voila, problem solved. The car now beeps when you lock it via the selective door un/lock. This was driving me nuts. I left the car open twice thinking it was locked. I really need that auditory confirmation.

Rsalib - I leave the fob in my pocket because I'm always misplacing my keys. Consequently, I set off the alarm on a regular basis. Once, when the car was new, I came out in the morning and the driver and passenger windows were down because I'd unwittingly leaned on the unlock button in my pocket. Thank God it wasn't raining. I figure I must've reset the fob the same way.

Time to stop leaving the fob in my pocket, methinks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The 05's maybe different but on my 03, the instructions for changing the signal beep to a flash (and vice versa) are on the back of the fob itself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
'05: 'tis different.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
The 05's maybe different but on my 03, the instructions for changing the signal beep to a flash (and vice versa) are on the back of the fob itself.
It is????

Not on mine.

Mine says

Use CR 2025 battery
See owners maNual for operation.

AND THEN A BUNCH OF MODELS #S AND fcc #S, ETC.

So they must have changed sumthin along the way.

Homer

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine is also like Homer's. No explicit instructions on the back.

·
4,664 Posts
Interesting....

I could have sworn mine had the instructions on the back. So I went to look...

Picked up one, and it says "RTFM Will Ya!", no wait, it actually says "SEE OWNERS MANUAL FOR OPERATION".

Being the disbeliver that I am, I went and looked at the other one... Same thing. So I thought about this, and then remembered my 2000 Maxima actually did have the instructions on the back of the remote.

So I can see it as being possible that both sets of remotes are out there... The Maxima one had a button for the trunk. No trunk on the Murano, of course. But if you open it, you'll see it could.

·
Registered
719 Posts
jaak said:
Interesting....

I could have sworn mine had the instructions on the back. So I went to look...

Picked up one, and it says "RTFM Will Ya!", no wait, it actually says "SEE OWNERS MANUAL FOR OPERATION".

Being the disbeliver that I am, I went and looked at the other one... Same thing. So I thought about this, and then remembered my 2000 Maxima actually did have the instructions on the back of the remote.

So I can see it as being possible that both sets of remotes are out there... The Maxima one had a button for the trunk. No trunk on the Murano, of course. But if you open it, you'll see it could.
You caught me!

I have the same two vehicles (00 Maxima and 03 Murano) and obviously mixed them up. The Maxima is the one with the instructions on the back and the Murano doesn't. I'd of been correct had I said "my 00 has the instructions on the back"

Sorry guys, my mistake.

:eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts