Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a black Murano have the tails blacked out? I just bought a Murano and am considering the blackouts but would like to see some up close pics of a black one first.

Also, I am having trouble finding the lowering kit. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
There are at least two kits that I know of. Look under tires and wheels threads, or search my posts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you get the blackout kit? How much did it cost? I like it, I think it looks very nice. I have a black MO, which I think would look awesome on!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I didn't actually get the black out kit installed, that's just a picture I found that some guy was selling his process of painting the taillights.

If I recall correctly he required you to remove your lights and send them to him and he'd get them back to you in about two weeks.

Obviously you can't drive during that time, which kind of eliminated the project from my idea list, so I kept the picture but no other information about the process.

I'll look around this weekend and see if I can't come up with it again.

This isn't the guy, but here's a web site that sounds like they do the same thing.

http://www.smokinlights.net/products.htm

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They need to set up an exchange program like the guys that chrome your wheels have done.

I note they use Zaino on the lights before they ship.

Homer

·
5,100 Posts
I have Pewter and I want them TOO GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
I have found: VHT's NightShade Spray on Tint, Testors #3 spray on tint and TintBrite by Prostripe. I think I try the Tintbrite. Grip :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
You can forget about the other driver being at fault if you ever get rear ended with those.

"Brake light was too dim secondary to customer applied tint"

·
5,100 Posts
Not too sure of that, depends on many things: eg. 1. It may not be a situation where I even have my brakes lights or tail lightes on. 2. Depends on how dark they are. 3. What was the other driver doing? DUI, speeding, breaking some other traffic law? The coating is transparent and does not have much effect on the light from the bulb. Light being reflected from the outside passes thru the lens twice, once comming in an again going out, so it looks darker for reflected light than emitted light. You don't get to run into me just beacuse I am in your way, lighted or not.

I am not doing the top brake light anyway, so I'll do it and enjoy it. Grip :D

·
5,100 Posts
DON't believe it and don't buy it for a minute, overly simplistic, I AM in the process of doing it even as we post. GRIP "D

·
5,100 Posts
Anybody done the film method

I understand that the smoke film from

http://www.clear-guard.com/bulkmaterial.asp for bulk film

or here for tinting headlight HID blue and Fogs for Yellow.

http://www.clear-guard.com/headlight_page.asp

is being used. I wonder and hope that it is a removable treatment and that if a big problem occurs (cops ) or the like it can be removed. I have email them to find out about doing our negative contours and removing later. GRIP :D

J

·
0 Posts
Re: Anybody done the film method

GripperDon said:
I understand that the smoke film from

http://www.clear-guard.com/bulkmaterial.asp for bulk film

or here for tinting headlight HID blue and Fogs for Yellow.

http://www.clear-guard.com/headlight_page.asp

is being used. I wonder and hope that it is a removable treatment and that if a big problem occurs (cops ) or the like it can be removed. I have email them to find out about doing our negative contours and removing later. GRIP :D
Let us know when you find out more information!
Assuming no issues, that sounds like a great idea...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I talked to Clear-guard the other day and it is removable. As far as contours it is applied using water or water/soap solution(if movment during application is needed) and a hair dryer to soften for contours.
The MO tail seems fairly contourless if you don't cover the reflector area.I am being sent a sample of smoke tint, probably not very big
considering 21.50 a sq ft.

·
5,100 Posts
MOpar

Let me see when you get it in. Great. Wonderful. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
Just got this, anybody got a tail ight?

Good Day Don,

I've seen photo's of the Murano tail lights, the curvature would not be difficult to over come. The smoke material we use is flexible and becomes even more pliable when warmed with a hair dryer. The material can be removed but not reused (adhesive is damaged when the material is removed). If any adhesive remains on the tail light lens when the material is removed, it can easily be cleaned off using a clean cloth an adhesive remover.

If your forum is interested in a group buy on a precut kit for the Murano Tail Lights, I can design the kit if someone is willing to send me an "Extra" Tail Light or if you find a dealer willing to sell me a tail light at dealer cost. (the cheapest retail price I found was $102.00 plus shipping).

I've attached a photo of Clear Guard Smoke Tail Light Kit for the 2004-2005 Scion xA. Due to the tail light design the turn signal had to be "cutout".

Let me know your decision.

Regards,

John Byham
Owner
Clear Guard

THe photowas 1.2 meg I have to resize it. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
Here it is

If we can find a tail ight we can get a price. I feel we can also get different densities of darkness. I asked for prices, Glad its removable. A pattern will take so much of the work out. GRIP :D

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Interesting. If anyone comes across a Mo in a junkyard that has been wrecked but has a tail light in tact, that could work (for cheap)... At least progress is being made.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts